Sox vs Carmines

TCQ

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 07:32 PM)
The Sox are not a good situational hitting team. They haven't bee all season. It's just the HR's aren't there right now.

We need more line drive types to sprinkle around our power core. Its okay to have a power team, but over the years we have had a myopic approach with the same type of power hitters. When you have diversity in the lineup, you rarely have pitcher shut down an offense completely unless they are special. We get shut down, by the pitcher picking an approach and setting it on autopilot. The makeup of our offense is flawed.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 07:39 PM)
Mark needs to stop throwing batting practice. What a frustrating year. He pitched well last year, when money was on the line.

I still think it was a stupid move to give Buehrle that contract... He isn't an ace like White Sox fans make him out to be.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 07:40 PM)
I still think it was a stupid move to give Buehrle that contract... He isn't an ace like White Sox fans make him out to be.

It he pitched like he did last year, sure the contact makes sense. This year, the minute something goes wrong. He starts to groove it.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 08:40 PM)

he shouldnt be a top end starter either. He'll have his moments but he has more bad outings than good ones these days.

atleast football is starting up now.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 04:40 PM)

Frankly, with where contracts currently sit, he's also not paid like an ace either.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 07:43 PM)
Frankly, with where contracts currently sit, he's also not paid like an ace either.

yeah, but he's getting paid more then he should, and if he continues to go on this downward spiral, it will be tough to move that contract.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Aug 31, 2008 -> 01:46 AM)
yeah, but he's getting paid more then he should, and if he continues to go on this downward spiral, it will be tough to move that contract.

Honestly, Buehrle's contract might be about the 100th most important thing to be concerned about right now.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 08:29 PM)
So Richard is pitching now? Does this mean Danks is going to pitch on Monday? Maybe we can just surrender early and start Broadway.

There is no reason on earth a team in a pennant race should have to start Broadway or Richard.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 08:33 PM)
There is no reason on earth a team in a pennant race should have to start Broadway or Richard.

So.... no reason a team like Boston should have to start Bowden either then, right?

this team looks like they're just going through the motions against these top-end teams (boston and tampa specifically), they looked pretty bad against baltimore too on that 3rd game of the series)

back to back to back games allowing 8 runs, they need to get their f***ing heads straight, this is bulls***

playing like they just wanna get it overwith, yeah you'll go far with that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2008 -> 01:44 AM)
Three of our least competitive games of the season in a row with Danks/Vaz/Buehrle on the mound. It's time for Ozzie to juggle this lineup.

We sure need something done differently. We can't afford this type of play at this point in the season. Our pitchers have allowed 27 runs in 3 games and we score 5. I watched tonights game on WGN and it was pretty pathetic. Buerhle got bounced around again and I mean he was hit hard. Sunday is a must win. Hopefully Floyd shows up unlike our last theee starters

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 09:17 PM)
We sure need something done differently. We can't afford this type of play at this point in the season. Our pitchers have allowed 27 runs in 3 games and we score 5. I watched tonights game on WGN and it was pretty pathetic. Buerhle got bounced around again and I mean he was hit hard. Sunday is a must win. Hopefully Floyd shows up unlike our last theee starters

his 86-87mph isn't fooling anyone anymore, though i'm sure there are other issues w/ him right now as well

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 10:22 PM)
his 86-87mph isn't fooling anyone anymore, though i'm sure there are other issues w/ him right now as well

For buerhle to be sucessful, he has to drive his cutter in on the hands on the right handers. When he goes away away away like he did tonight, he is going to get destroyed. When he pounds in with the cutter, then goes away with the change he can handle anyone.