No Loser thread?.....

Wanne

Tell ya what...who the hell pitched...Bowden? Just who the F is that?!?

I know Ozzie's trying to give his guys the benefit of the doubt...but to tell ya the truth....OCab was right...this team has NO KILLER INSTINCT. Not with the passive likes of Crede, Paulie, Griffey, Thome. Not saying they're bad players...just no fire. I really think it's time for Ozzie to go off again. F these guys little feelers....nut up...pitchers included.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 09:05 PM)

I know Ozzie's trying to give his guys the benefit of the doubt...but to tell ya the truth....OCab was right...this team has NO KILLER INSTINCT. Not with the passive likes of Crede, Paulie, Griffey, Thome. Not saying they're bad players...just no fire. I really think it's time for Ozzie to go off again. F these guys little feelers....nut up...pitchers included.

How much better would our team be, if Kenny got over his crush and picked up Kotsay for CF instead of Griffey.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 31, 2008 -> 03:05 AM)

I'll say it...Crede and Griffey are mediocre players now.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 09:05 PM)

I'm really at a loss for words, not sure to start whining about some of the ridiculous home plate calls, lack of clutch hitting, ground rule doubles in that BS park of theirs, or if I'm simply just in denial about how unprepared this team really is for a possible playoff appearance. We needed both a solid performance from Mark, and big hits off of ANOTHER noname pitcher, and got neither.

I wish I had the strength to just tune out until oct 1st, and it they make it great, but if not save myself another september of disappointment.

I guess if there's one positive it's that Boston has 13 home losses, so this is not a novelty, and by watching the way the calls go (I MEAN DID YOU SEE THAT STRIKE AGAINST SWISHER THAT WAS LITERALLY AT HIS FREAKIN NECK!!!), maybe this is just a trip we need to move on from and be glad we're done with this sh*t venue....

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 09:15 PM)
Twins are up 2-0. Denard Span has been one of the best players in the American League since the All-star break. The Sox don't deserve to be in 1st place right now.

don't worry by the time tonight is over we'll be where we belong......Can't believe we were up two whole games just a couple days ago, wow wee!!!

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 08:30 PM)
I understand the anger, but the bitterness that colors the posts in the loss threads is something that should be put into a compilation and reviewed later for some serious humor...

I don't think pissing away a division crown is that funny IMO....that's why people are angry. This team has too much talent...yet they're pissing it away.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 31, 2008 -> 02:40 AM)
I don't think pissing away a division crown is that funny IMO....that's why people are angry. This team has too much talent...yet they're pissing it away.

Yeah, I went back and read the thread again, and most of the comments seem legit.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 09:37 PM)
------ R. Sweeney reached on fielder's choice, B. Crosby to third, E. Brown to second, E. Brown and B. Crosby scored on pitcher J. Nathan's throwing error

Wow. I have to see that!

It was a bunt as well.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Aug 31, 2008 -> 04:37 AM)
------ R. Sweeney reached on fielder's choice, B. Crosby to third, E. Brown to second, E. Brown and B. Crosby scored on pitcher J. Nathan's throwing error

Wow. I have to see that!

Nathan was extremely quick off the mound, and handcuffed Harris on the throw. Brown must have had a great jump at first, as Delmon backed up the play pretty quickly.

The Sox had a nice streak (5 straight 8/16-8/20) and 8 of 9 (8/12 to 8/20), and now they are struggling (3-6 since)... its pretty much been their MO all season. Win streak, loss/mediocre streak...this team has been incredibly streaky all season. I realize they beat some bad teams on the win streak (OAK, SEA), but the Sox are going to come back and win a few in a row, I promise you that.