ChiSox @ Tribe 6:05 PM CDT

WilliamTell

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 11:45 PM)
40 pitches for Lee through 2.2

He's one pitcher you have to say screw the pitch count when you face him. As Hawk is saying, our approach is all wrong against him. You have to be aggressive and hit those pitches that he throws to get ahead in the count.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 05:46 PM)
He's one pitcher you have to say screw the pitch count when you face him. As Hawk is saying, our approach is all wrong against him. You have to be aggressive and hit those pitches that he throws to get ahead in the count.

Our strategy against pitchers at times is horses***. We get a rookie making his major league debut and he is wild. So what is our strategy, swing early in the count. Now we have a guy who pours strikes, with a lot of fastballs early in the count. And what do we do, we take 2. This is dumb.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 11:50 PM)
Our strategy against pitchers at times is horses***. We get a rookie making his major league debut and he is wild. So what is our strategy, swing early in the count. Now we have a guy who pours strikes, with a lot of fastballs early in the count. And what do we do, we take 2. This is dumb.

In reality, the Sox should pound Lee. He throws high 91 mph fastballs for the most part. So far tonight, the Sox have taken about 5 get me over fastballs that were right there to be crushed. Of course, it would be nice if we'd stop playing Swisher and Crede against LHP.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 06:52 PM)
In reality, the Sox should pound Lee. He throws high 91 mph fastballs for the most part. So far tonight, the Sox have taken about 5 get me over fastballs that were right there to be crushed. Of course, it would be nice if we'd stop playing Swisher and Crede against LHP.

I agree with the sentiments of your argument, but Lee isn't 19-2 because he just gets ahead in counts... the guy has great control and some real sick off-speed stuff.

Swisher hitting below .200 against lefties, yikes

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 07:58 PM)
I agree with the sentiments of your argument, but Lee isn't 19-2 because he just gets ahead in counts... the guy has great control and some real sick off-speed stuff.

Swisher hitting below .200 against lefties, yikes

Still has a .753 OPS vs them compared to .768 overall, so its not that much worse, the batting average sucks still....