ChiSox @ Tribe 6:05 PM CDT

WilliamTell

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 08:15 PM)
Well, the Twins have 3 games left on this road trip where we were supposed to gain ground and we're all even. I can't say I am surprised. We definitely have to be the underdog going down the stretch in my opinion.

well in fairness we were buried on a 10 game road trip ourselves....and it was against tougher teams....just because of the 14 day trip people said the twins had the harder shcedule....but hte sox IMO have had the harder schedule the whole time....meanwhile we have another 10 game road trip coming up after this next long homestand...

QUOTE (Wanne @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 07:25 PM)
Just got home....can't say I'm surprised to what I turned on.

OC is right...no killer instinct.

So would that killer instinct help the Sox hit the best pitcher in baseball or would it keep Clayton Richard from sucking ass?

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 08:25 PM)
If the Sox don't get fat at home, then it's pretty much over. It all comes down to that. They need a 8-2 home stand. 7-3 at worst. IMO, the Twins still have some tough games left. I expect the Sauxx to stay in this race, which means Tampa is going to have to keep playing hard. That 4 game set in Tampa for the Twins is going to be a tough one.

It's going to be an interesting race to watch, that's for sure.

I think the Sox have one more good win streak in them this month. No doubt about it, they are going to need it.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 06:34 PM)
So would that killer instinct help the Sox hit the best pitcher in baseball or would it keep Clayton Richard from sucking ass?

So from his record aside this year...would you really say Cliff Lee is the best pitcher in baseball?

please....

3-21 w/ 1B, 2B, 3B, 2K

1.) GO 4-3

2.) FO 4

3.) GO 3

4.) FO 3

5.) 1B CF

6.) FO 3

7.) FO 9

8.) LO 6

9.) FO 9

10.) K

11.) FO 9

12.) FO 9

13.) 3B CF

14.) FO 2

15.) LO 4

16.) FO 3

17.) K

18.) GO 4-3

19.) 2B LF

20.) FO 8

21.) GO 6

Right Side: 12 (9 FO/3 GO)

Centerfield: 3 (1B, 3B, FO)

Left Side: 3 (2B, LO, GO)

K/BB/1/2: 3 (2K, FO)

QUOTE (Wanne @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 07:41 PM)
So from his record aside this year...would you really say Cliff Lee is the best pitcher in baseball?

please....

2.36 ERA, 1.06 WHIP, 145:27 K:BB, 8 HR, 64.1 VORP (2 points higher than Lincecum and Halladay)

Oh yeah, that's the best pitcher in the game right there.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 01:46 AM)
2.36 ERA, 1.06 WHIP, 145:27 K:BB, 8 HR

Oh yeah, that's the best pitcher in the game right there.

Agreed. You cant just judge the name and say hey its Cliff Lee he cant be the best. Those numbers are outrageous.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 12:45 AM)
It must be impossible for you to sit down.

What does that mean? Harden's ERA is under 2 this season. Cliff Lee is definitely the Cy Young, as he has the wins and is more valuable to his team by giving them longer appearances.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 08:05 PM)
Haven't we heard that phrase or something like it so often as to make it pretty much meaningless at this point?

No I think this is the worst they've looked though I wouldn't necessarily say it's their fault, Cliff Lee is just incredible. At least some of the pen arms have had success today. 3 IP and 2 baserunners from Wassermann, Logan and MacDougal.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 09:15 PM)
No I think this is the worst they've looked though I wouldn't necessarily say it's their fault, Cliff Lee is just incredible. At least some of the pen arms have had success today. 3 IP and 2 baserunners from Wassermann, Logan and MacDougal.

If the Sox end up losing, at least they got innings from those guys. Plus, if those guys can be decent to good this month, that will be a HUGE boost.