Frank Done for the Season

greasywheels121

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 04:09 PM)
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...8518&spln=1

In a way, I kind of hope he calls it a career at 40, especially if this injury is going to require surgery. I'm ready to start the countdown of my first trip to Cooperstown.

I'm with you. Love Hurt, but maybe time to retire.

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 05:09 PM)
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...8518&spln=1

In a way, I kind of hope he calls it a career at 40, especially if this injury is going to require surgery. I'm ready to start the countdown of my first trip to Cooperstown.

Agreed. He's still got that career BA above .300. I'd hate to see him come back a shell of a shell of his former self and have that drop below .300.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 04:45 PM)
1494 runs

2468 hits

495 doubles

1704 RBI

.301 career average

.419 career OBP

.555 career slugging

1667 walks

521 career home runs

2 MVP's, 9 times in the top 10 MVP voting

It'd be nice to see over 1500 runs, over 2500 hits, over 500 doubles, but I think it's also very important to keep that average over .300. I can't believe it's fallen that far down, but it happens. I'd say if Frank wants to play another year, that's his choice to, if not, what a great career.

By playing one more year, Frank could conceivably reach several more milestones

1500 runs

2500 hits

500 2B

1750-1800 RBI

1700 BB

525-550 HR

It'd be nice if he could hit those markers, but like others have said, he would do so probably at the cost of his .300 average. I want him to keep playing, because i'd love to watch him more, but i'm fearful he will only hurt his legacy by hanging on to long. Tough decision. I kinda think he'll try to play one more year if some team offers him a contract however

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 03:45 PM)
1494 runs

2468 hits

495 doubles

1704 RBI

.301 career average

.419 career OBP

.555 career slugging

1667 walks

521 career home runs

2 MVP's, 9 times in the top 10 MVP voting

All natural :headbang

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 04:04 PM)
Why is everyone here acting like John Kruk with that .300 batting average? Didn't Shawon Dunston hover around that range a few times?

Frank will be remember for his plate patience and power.

Huh? They are talking about his career average. Dunston's career OBP is under .300.

Huh? They are talking about his career average. Dunston's career OBP is under .300.

I don't care if it's career or seasonal, I don't see the point in discussing batting average for a player especially like Thomas. Who cares if it falls below .300? I'd rather see him round out those numbers in the other categories that were posted.

Just for fun, in 1997 Shawon batted .300/.312/.451.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 08:29 PM)
I don't care if it's career or seasonal, I don't see the point in discussing batting average for a player especially like Thomas. Who cares if it falls below .300? I'd rather see him round out those numbers in the other categories that were posted.

I'm pretty sure Frank is damn proud of his career BA... tough to find a quote on that but I recall that being one of, if not his proudest, stats.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 07:29 PM)

Even more fun, in 1993, he hit .400. Oh boy!

He is by far my favorite ballplayer. I hate to see him go. I wouldn't mind one more round with Oakland, but only if he's healthy enough to do it. If not, how about eventually becoming the White Sox 1B coach? It would be awesome to see #35 hovering over first. It would make up for all the times he would bypass it with a long one to left.

Edited by ChiSox35

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ Sep 8, 2008 -> 12:13 AM)
He is by far my favorite ballplayer. I hate to see him go. I wouldn't mind one more round with Oakland, but only if he's healthy enough to do it. If not, how about eventually becoming the White Sox 1B coach? It would be awesome to see #35 hovering over first. It would make up for all the times he would bypass it with a long one to left.

If he is interested, he would make a way better hitting coach.