Loser

whitesoxbrian

The Whitesox remind me of an old beat up car. They think because it's still running that it's a good car when it's not good.

Even if this team makes the playoffs they aren't going anywhere. They'll be on the road the first round of the playoffs and they suck on the road.

QUOTE (striker62704 @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 03:32 AM)
The Whitesox remind me of an old beat up car. They think because it's still running that it's a good car when it's not good.

Even if this team makes the playoffs they aren't going anywhere. They'll be on the road the first round of the playoffs and they suck on the road.

oh okay.

This was a very painful game to watch from very nice seats behind the White Sox dugout. I gotta stop choosing to go to games where we face pitchers like Halladay and Lee. Seeing 21 batters retired doesn't make a long (and difficult from the car's standpoint on the way back) road trip any more fun. At least I got some great pictures.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 11:01 PM)
This was a very painful game to watch from very nice seats behind the White Sox dugout. I gotta stop choosing to go to games where we face pitchers like Halladay and Lee. Seeing 21 batters retired doesn't make a long (and difficult from the car's standpoint on the way back) road trip any more fun. At least I got some great pictures.

were you the guy sitting next to the guy in the cubs shirt?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 09:41 PM)
Is anybody getting worried that we're not grabbing the division by the balls?

This Cleveland series is off to a s*** start.

I had zero expectations of a win given the pitching matchup. Our hope should be that the rays continue to play well at home next weekend and lay the wood to the twins before we visit the dome of horror.

edit: make that in two weeks

plus, Adam Jones has made his return to BAL and that should help them be more competitive against the twins.

Edited by The Ginger Kid

atleast the extreme psycho post was nice and calm

the only thing this team has to worry about is getting to the playoffs. I don't think they'll win in the playoffs (because I think the Rays are the best team in baseball and the laws of probability say that the team doesn't have a great chance to win), but get there and see what happens. It could be that the offense gets hot and they score 100 runs in the playoffs...anything is possible.

I also don't know what people would expect when the Sox are using their 6th starter against the soon to be Cy Young winner...I mean, honestly?

Clayton Richard also would not start in the playoffs, just so everyone is aware.

How did MacDougal look though?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 02:12 PM)
atleast the extreme psycho post was nice and calm

the only thing this team has to worry about is getting to the playoffs. I don't think they'll win in the playoffs (because I think the Rays are the best team in baseball and the laws of probability say that the team doesn't have a great chance to win), but get there and see what happens. It could be that the offense gets hot and they score 100 runs in the playoffs...anything is possible.

I also don't know what people would expect when the Sox are using their 6th starter against the soon to be Cy Young winner...I mean, honestly?

Clayton Richard also would not start in the playoffs, just so everyone is aware.

How did MacDougal look though?

He actually looked like he calmed his pitching motion. He looked like he was really in control, save for a few pitches. If he is working on his pitching motion and wants to change to what he was showing us, I am all for it

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 11:43 AM)
were you the guy sitting next to the guy in the cubs shirt?

yeah, I would hope if you sat next to that idiot you would punch him in the neck.

"Hur hur hur, lets go to a Indians vs. Sox game and wear Cubs jerseys"

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 11:14 AM)
He actually looked like he calmed his pitching motion. He looked like he was really in control, save for a few pitches. If he is working on his pitching motion and wants to change to what he was showing us, I am all for it

but is he available to go on the playoff roster, say he gets hot and starts pitching well?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 02:41 PM)
but is he available to go on the playoff roster, say he gets hot and starts pitching well?

If you are called up after September 1st, you may only play in the playoffs if someone who was on the 25 man roster on Aug 31st is currently on the DL or no longer with the team. Then, the team can replace said player with any other current member of the 40 man roster, provided they were on the 40 man roster on Aug 31st. At least thats what I think the rule is

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 02:15 PM)
yeah, I would hope if you sat next to that idiot you would punch him in the neck.

"Hur hur hur, lets go to a Indians vs. Sox game and wear Cubs jerseys"

Na I was with a fellow Sox fan. I had a Pierzynski jersey tee and he had a home pinstripe jeresy on. We were behind the farther end of the dugout where the cameras are, so I don't think I would have been spied on TV. There were a tons of Sox fans in and around my section though, which was nice to see.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 12:36 PM)
If you are called up after September 1st, you may only play in the playoffs if someone who was on the 25 man roster on Aug 31st is currently on the DL or no longer with the team. Then, the team can replace said player with any other current member of the 40 man roster, provided they were on the 40 man roster on Aug 31st. At least thats what I think the rule is

thanks!

This pertains to Tues night's loss.

Oz in the Tribune on our playing like zombies. ...

Guillen found no solace that the Sox remained tied for first place with Minnesota despite losing for the fifth time in their past six games.

”I’m concerned more about the guys giving better energy and seeing a better club on the field,“ Guillen said. ”It seems like we’re tired, it seems like we’re dead. I don’t see the energy. I don’t see the grinder (mentality). I don’t see a lot of things we’re missing now.

“... There’s something missing. And we have to find it right away. If we continue to play like that, it’s not going to be easy.”