It's not like we're in a playoff race or anything

Steve9347

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 06:23 PM)
Only other option is Brian Anderson.

Excuse me, but what happened to Griffey? Or why can we no longer play Quentin in LF with Swisher in CF?

Oh and I would easily take Brian Anderson over Jerry "I have no business in the big leagues" Owens.

Edited by nitetrain8601

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 07:30 PM)
Excuse me, but what happened to Griffey? Or why can we no longer play Quentin in LF with Swisher in CF?

Oh and I would easily take Brian Anderson over Jerry "I have no business in the big leagues" Owens.

Quentin and Griffey are both said have physical problems.. Griffey lower back and Quentin with forearm issues.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 07:30 PM)

Griffey, along with Quentin, are only available to PH tonight.

Teams have benches. Teams use benches. Teams play 162 games. Players, individually, don't play 162 games anymore.

This is not so hard to fathom, and it makes enough sense to me.

Who would you use to PH for Owens there anyway? Crede already left hurting, Griffey and CQ hurting and out. That leaves, I believe, Brian Anderson and Toby Hall.

I'll take Owens.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 01:28 AM)
Teams have benches. Teams use benches. Teams play 162 games. Players, individually, don't play 162 games anymore.

Who would you use to PH for Owens there anyway? Crede already left hurting, Griffey and CQ hurting and out. That leaves, I believe, Brian Anderson and Toby Hall.

I'll take Owens.

Brian Anderson can hit one pitch, and it's a fastball. Bettancourt has one pitch, and it's a fastball. Hell, even if Owens gets a hit there, it probably doesn't score both. Also, I believe Bettancourt is tougher against lefty hitters. Plain and simple, Jerry Owens sucks and has no business being in the majors. Ozzie's hard on for speedy slappy guys is disappointing.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 07:28 PM)

I'll take Owens.

Anderson has been on the bench. However the ball boy gets the call before him. The purpose of a 4th OF is to provide defense, and the occasional start. He never starts, and barely gets called to be a defensive replacement. Anderson and his D should be out there.

Yeah, I'm already sick of seeing the way the team is playing. Now I'm watching what looks like a team that has figured they're out of the running. It's great to see these guys get called up and get some ML time, but Brian Anderson is a better option in CF right now.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 07:33 PM)
That is my problem. Anderson has sat on an MLB bench all season. Owens couldn't make this team. To be a September call up, and get a start over someone who has been here all year is a huge slap in the face to Anderson and the team.

The Sox deserved what they got in the 6th.

I agree.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 08:33 PM)
That is my problem. Anderson has sat on an MLB bench all season. Owens couldn't make this team. To be a September call up, and get a start over someone who has been here all year is a huge slap in the face to Anderson and the team.

The Sox deserved what they got in the 6th.

Great post. Let's play guys like Boone Logan and Jerry Owens over players who have been here and got us this far. Great reasoning Oz. So much for using his starters and main players. Guy will let a September callup who has no business in the bigs start over his "4th OF"

im pulling my hair out right now....f***ing fuming absolutely utterly pissed at ozzie....boone f***ing logan and jerry owens in critical situations tonight....ABSOLUTE HORSEf***INGs***.....where the f*** was thornton? where the f*** was horacio ramirez who was acquired so we didnt have to f***ing deal with that piece of s*** boone f***ing logan

Back in the second, DJ was saying that they can't worry about hurting people's feelings (when he was saying that they needed someone getting ready in the bullpen because Danks was getting shelled). Same thing goes here. Why start Owens? Every game is important from here on out. Use Owens as a pinch runner late? Sure, but not in CF in a lineup that isn't hitting already.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 08:43 PM)
im pulling my hair out right now....f***ing fuming absolutely utterly pissed at ozzie....boone f***ing logan and jerry owens in critical situations tonight....ABSOLUTE HORSEf***INGs***.....where the f*** was thornton? where the f*** was horacio ramirez who was acquired so we didnt have to f***ing deal with that piece of s*** boone f***ing logan

"dey need they resst...loo' bish, i maa' da lineup car', not ju!"