It's not like we're in a playoff race or anything

Steve9347

Rongey is on the radio right now talking about how putting Boone in the game was a good move. Because it proves that he can't handle it. He threw the ball last night well and that was encouraging so thats why he got the shot.

LMAO

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 08:33 PM)
That is my problem. Anderson has sat on an MLB bench all season. Owens couldn't make this team. To be a September call up, and get a start over someone who has been here all year is a huge slap in the face to Anderson and the team.

The Sox deserved what they got in the 6th.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 08:35 PM)
I agree.

Me too.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 09:08 PM)
Plain and simple, my signature says it all.

Plus, it's become abundantly clear that this is not a playoff team. They are fading down the stretch to the Twins, just like EVERY OTHER YEAR they've had a close race with Minnesota.

Not to excuse the team, but it's not like Minnesota has won 10 straight. They should be using this time to make a couple games on Minnesota but atleast Minnesota's struggles on the road have continued.

the twins and white sox are f***ing bad teams right now, if either of these two teams limp into the playoffs playing the way they are right now, it'll be a very brisk 1 and done

that's my opinion and i'm entitled to it

there's a month left of September baseball to right the ship, but they're gonna have to wake the f*** up, that's for damn sure.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 12:37 AM)
the twins and white sox are f***ing bad teams right now, if either of these two teams limp into the playoffs playing the way they are right now, it'll be a very brisk 1 and done

that's my opinion and i'm entitled to it

there's a month left of September baseball to right the ship, but they're gonna have to wake the f*** up, that's for damn sure.

You may be entitled to it, but you may not have an exclusive. :D There are plenty of others that share your opinion. One of these two teams will limp into the play offs, but not both. And anything beyond that would require a big turnaround and some help from their playoff opponent.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 08:47 AM)
Love it or hate it, but the Sox aren't going to go anywhere forcing the same arm or two to pitch out of the pen everyday. If no one else can step up, this isn't a playoff team anyway.

Agreed. Ozzie has to figure out who has the stones to step in and get the job done and who does not. Last night helped show him who does not. Matt Thornton and OD cannot pitch every game.

I was shocked when Ozzie didn't put the squeeze on with Alexei on third and Owens at the plate in the 6th. I thought for sure that was the only reason he was at the plate...