Game Thread 09/06/08

kapkomet

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 01:19 AM)
Sox have hit the ball hard all night. The last basehit by Uribe was in no mans land, but Cabrera hit the ball on the button, and AJ hit a rocket.

I haven't been very impressed with Lackey tonight.

I'm never that impressed with Lackey, as his stuff seems average. I know this is picky of me, but when you have a hit-and-run like OC did, you have to hit the ball on the ground.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 6, 2008 -> 06:14 PM)
Say what you want about Gavin's run support, but once again, he's stood up for 5 innings so far against an offense that is now one of the most loaded ones in the league and gone pitch for pitch with John Lackey. There's a reason why he's piling up those wins.

they've shown how they're loaded. bad inning.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 6, 2008 -> 07:24 PM)
f***, terrible time to hang a curve.

Although it was a hangar, Rivera was badly fooled and was way out in front - he hit that one off of his front foot. Pretty impressive strength and amazing that it stayed fair.

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 01:33 AM)
This man couldn't have found his stroke at a better time. We've been winning without his bat the whole year, and now Quentin is gone, but Konerko is back.

Hearing those 4 pitchers we'll face in the Toronto series, we need all of our hitters to find their swings.