kapkomet

Game Thread 09/06/08

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 6, 2008 -> 08:06 PM)
I understand the idea, but with us playing at home, I don't like using Jenks here.

Why? It isn't like there will ever be a save situation.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 6, 2008 -> 07:06 PM)
I understand the idea, but with us playing at home, I don't like using Jenks here.

Play to win the game. Bring in your best reliever when we need him, lead or tie.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 01:06 AM)

I would have kept Dotel in for another inning, but I have no issues with Jenks in.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 01:07 AM)
Play to win the game. Bring in your best reliever when we need him, lead or tie.

With how this game's setting up, I would have saved him from the 10th. However, you're absolutely right about going for the win.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 6, 2008 -> 06:07 PM)
Why? It isn't like there will ever be a save situation.

Well, the big thing I noticed is that we brought him in for the bottom 1/3 of their order, not the part of the order that you're scared of. If he faces Tex he's doing so with 2 men on this inning or in his 2nd inning of work, neither of which is ideal.

I don't like Dotel pitching more than one inning...but Bobby just did what I figured Dotel would do if he pitched another inning.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 6, 2008 -> 08:08 PM)
Well, the big thing I noticed is that we brought him in for the bottom 1/3 of their order, not the part of the order that you're scared of. If he faces Tex he's doing so with 2 men on this inning or in his 2nd inning of work, neither of which is ideal.

Makes sense

And s***...well now we have to get to KRod

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 01:09 AM)
Damn. Rare home run given up by Jenks. What's that, his second at home in his career?

Yep, some miniscule number.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 01:10 AM)
Any PBP?

Yeah, Jenks had nothing tonight. Gave up a bomb to Wood, then got next two guys out.