Game Thread 09/07/08

kapkomet

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 08:16 AM)
It's a Sunday, a day game after a night game, and the night game went extras... I wonder what today's lineup is going to look like. That's another reason why it was huge to win last night's game.

Agreed. It's going to be a BS lineup, so last night's W was huge. Today's a game I count on losing and hope we can steal one. Minny's going to win today.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 10:21 AM)
Agreed. It's going to be a BS lineup, so last night's W was huge. Today's a game I count on losing and hope we can steal one. Minny's going to win today.

I can see Getz getting a start at 2B, Ramirez shifting over, and Cabrera being benched. Thome benched, Griffey DH, Anderson CF. Maybe even Dye benched for Owens. Hall for AJ of course with Danks..

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 11:15 AM)
AJ needs a rest badly. other than that Ozzie should play all of his regulars, unless Griffey needs a rest, then it should be BA in CF for his defense.

I heard the lineup earlier. Hall is playing, but I can't remember if there were any other subs in today. Today is a huge game. If they can win today and tomorrow, the Sox will have a 3 or 4 game lead going into Tuesday.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 12:54 PM)
CF Owens

RF Wise

3B Fields

1B Swisher

LF Anderson

2B Getz

C Hall

SS Bourgeois

DH Phillips

lol imagine that lineup.

Jesus, you scared the s*** out of me for a second before I read the "imagine that lineup" part. :unsure: :)

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 09:21 AM)

The Angels are also playing a day game after a 15 inning night game, and they have to travel after the game. They also have a cushion so they can rest their regulars if they choose to. I'm not counting on losing this game at all.

Figgins - 3B

Matthews Jr. - RF

Teixeira - 1B

Guerrero - DH

Hunter - CF

Rivera - LF

Wood - SS

Mathis - C

Rodriguez - 2B

Cabrera - SS

Anderson - CF

Dye - RF

Konerko - 1B

Ramirez - 2B

Swisher - LF

Uribe - 3B

Fields - DH

Hall - C

So 3 non-regulars for the Sox with Griffey, Thome and AJ all getting the day off against the lefty. If I'm not mistaken that's pretty much the Angels regular lineup with the exception of Anderson on the bench and both Rivera and Matthews in the lineup at the sametime, so 1 non-regular.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 10:59 AM)
The Angels are also playing a day game after a 15 inning night game, and they have to travel after the game. They also have a cushion so they can rest their regulars if they choose to. I'm not counting on losing this game at all.

Poor choice of words. If they lose, it's not as big of a loss as if we would have lost last night as well. That's a better way to say it.