fathom

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But in-game, Ozzie is completely clueless.

Who is a good manager then? Leyland? He's supposed to be the messiah. LaRussa? He's a god. Give me a break. In game, Ozzie goes with the talent he has. If the talent produces he looks good; if it doesn't he sucks.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 09:36 PM)
No it isn't, and the Shawon Dunstons, Alex Sanchezs, and Juan Pierres of the world show that time and time again.

OBP tells how often a player doesn't make an out. Batting average doesn't. Slugging percentage gives a strong idea how much power a player posseses. Batting average doesn't.

Each has its strength. The bottom line is that players need to get hits. However, Swish is a prime example of how OBP fools people into thinking someone is a good hitter. I will take a Juan Pierre hit over a Nick Swisher walk. I would gladly replace Swish with 200 hit Juan Pierre. Really bad hitters can have really good slugging percentages, since it doesn't take into account how often you hit the ball.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 09:39 PM)
Who is a good manager then? Leyland? He's supposed to be the messiah. LaRussa? He's a god. Give me a break. In game, Ozzie goes with the talent he has. If the talent produces he looks good; if it doesn't he sucks.

Torre? Leyland? LaRussa? I think you're stuck somewhere in the mid 90's.

This is all Ozzie supporters EVER say. "Well who's better, then?" I don't give a s*** who is better, that has nothing to do with the fact that Ozzie himself is terrible. No argument there. Anyone who disagrees that Ozzie is clueless in-game simply does not pay attention to the games, period. Talent has nothing to do with him constantly making the wrong calls, not putting guys on when they should be, pulling pitchers too early or too late, not using his best defense late game, asking people who can't bunt to do so, etc. etc. etc. and a plethora of other terrible moves he makes game after game. If you disagree, you simply don't pay attention or have little baseball knowledge. Hell, I'M one of the LEAST educated baseball fans out there I'm sure, yet I can clearly see when Ozzie is being an idiot.

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 09:39 PM)
Each has its strength. The bottom line is that players need to get hits. However, Swish is a prime example of how OBP fools people into thinking someone is a good hitter. I will take a Juan Pierre hit over a Nick Swisher walk. I would gladly replace Swish with 200 hit Juan Pierre. Really bad hitters can have really good slugging percentages, since it doesn't take into account how often you hit the ball.

OK but wouldnt you rather have Juan pierre getting on base at a better clip?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 08:39 PM)

Mike Scioscia suffering from amnesia could out manage Ozzie.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 08:33 PM)
I knew there was a reason I stopped following our minor leagues.

When you look at our most recent 1st round draft choices (Fields,Broadway,McCulloch, Poreda), Beckham even becomes a .250 career hitter he'll easily rise above the others.

I've really soured on Poreda, too. There comes a time when you can no longer anticipate him developing secondary pitches. There's just something wrong when you throw a 96+mph fastball and average below a strikeout per inning in A/AA.

If we can sell him high on potential I wouldn't be too upset.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 09:41 PM)
OK but wouldnt you rather have Juan pierre getting on base at a better clip?

Well I'd like every hitter to walk whenever he doesn't hit. Nick Swisher walks instead of hitting.

QUOTE (Baines3 @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 08:43 PM)
Looks like we're about to lose a double header trailing 8-2 in the 8th. I'm not reader to push the panic buttom yet.

Well you have a better grip than the players. They pushed the panic button the minute Konerko went down. And then they gave up.

If you disagree, you simply don't pay attention or have little baseball knowledge. Hell, I'M one of the LEAST educated baseball fans out there I'm sure, yet I can clearly see when Ozzie is being an idiot.

How come you guys fail to answer my point about in a loss, any loss of any team, you could point to at least five instances of the losing manager being an idiot.

Players win games. Talent wins games.

How come you guys fail to answer my point about in a loss, any loss of any team, you could point to at least five instances of the losing manager being an idiot.

Players win games. Talent wins games.

Why should we need to? Watch the games yourself and see, unless you just don't have the ability to do so. Is that it? I love people like you who don't pay attention so they need everything pointed out for them, and then even when it is, they are still in denial. Try denying Ozzie's numerous stupid mistakes. I already mentioned them in my last post. Stop trying to cop out by using other managers as an excuse. Other managers have nothing to do with Ozzie. Ozzie himself is bad, that's all that matters here.

Yeah, players win games and talent wins game. But bad players lose games, as do bad managers.

Again, waiting for some sort of substance to your argument.

At least we got da Bears to look forward to...when we lost the first game today against Burnett,I wrote that why might get swept in this series because we had Scrub Richard in the night cap and now we got Halladay and Marcum who has owned us lately

What do you want me to say about Ozzie??

I haven't studied tonight's games, but when he brings in a reliever and that reliever gets shelled as has happened like that stiff KW brought in from the Royals ... it's Oz's fault? Bulls***. If he leaves in the starter and the starter gets ripped in the sixth, it's Oz's fault.

If AJP can't get a bunt down, it's Oz's fault.

Yeah it's Oz's fault cause he's the manager. I look at the big picture. He has this very questionable team in the hunt in September. We have no team speed at all. We have a suspect starting rotation that has overachieved (thanks in large part I'm sure to Oz and Cooper both). We still have a shaky bullpen except for Bobby. Aside from Bobby, that bullpen for the most part has been average to a little below average.

What else do you want me to say??

That one game when Ozzie bunted AJP and they walked CQ and we didn't score, everybody blamed Ozzie. The very next inning, Boston didn't bunt in the exact same situation and the guy (Pedroia? somebody) hit into a DP.

Oz is good.