Sox Hockey Jerseys

hogan873

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 07:52 PM)
I had the sound turned down right before the game started when they were showing some of the players wearing the Sox hockey jerseys. Does anyone know if those jerseys are available anywhere, or were those just for whatever they were doing with the Blackhawks?

If they can make some money on em....they'll be for sale.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (Texsox @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 10:06 AM)
Very nice. IMHO someone over the age of 25 or so looks stupid most of the time wearing one, but it does look pretty cool.

I look stupid almost every day from October until April then.

Hockey jerseys make up about 75% of my casual wear during the colder months.

I love wearing them - nothing is more comfortable to me.

That said, I don't really like the bottom half of that jersey. I'd have preferred a lot more black and just basic silver and white stripes along the bottom.

If I was designing a Sox hockey jersey, I'd use the diamond sock logo as the primary logo on the chest and the Sox logo on the shoulders.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 11:06 AM)
Very nice. IMHO someone over the age of 25 or so looks stupid most of the time wearing one, but it does look pretty cool.

sucks to be me then. Not that I wear them most of the time, but I do sometimes. I guess I live my life not caring about what other people think.

Yeah, maybe 25 was too young. But at some point in most guy's lives, they look silly wearing a jersey. Maybe it's while taking the grand kids to the zoo, maybe while meeting with their attorney about retirement planning, maybe at the PTA meeting, or their kids music recital. But it does happen.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 12:33 PM)
Yeah, maybe 25 was too young. But at some point in most guy's lives, they look silly wearing a jersey. Maybe it's while taking the grand kids to the zoo, maybe while meeting with their attorney about retirement planning, maybe at the PTA meeting, or their kids music recital. But it does happen.

There is a time and place for everything. Obviously I would dress for the occasion. But, I could still picture myself at the age of 75, at a sports bar wearing my old beaten Thomas Jersey.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 11:36 AM)
There is a time and place for everything. Obviously I would dress for the occasion. But, I could still picture myself at the age of 75, at a sports bar wearing my old beaten Thomas Jersey.

I could too, when I was 25. :lol:

QUOTE (Texsox @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 11:33 AM)

That's a different argument.

Those are specific situations, not an across the board age-based ban. I would argue that a 21-year-old would look silly wearing a jersey to talk to a lawyer.

And I will MOST DEFINITELY wear a jersey and shorts when I take my grandkids to the zoo. Book that.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 11:09 AM)

Those are specific situations, not an across the board age-based ban. I would argue that a 21-year-old would look silly wearing a jersey to talk to a lawyer.

And I will MOST DEFINITELY wear a jersey and shorts when I take my grandkids to the zoo. Book that.

You probably will and maybe with your hat backwards and cool shoes. It also depends on your kids. Some kids are uncomfortable when dad or grand dad starts looking like a college student.

So why don't you think we see more older adults wearing jerseys?

QUOTE (Texsox @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 01:26 PM)
You probably will and maybe with your hat backwards and cool shoes. It also depends on your kids. Some kids are uncomfortable when dad or grand dad starts looking like a college student.

Conformity

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 11:09 AM)

I'll be 35 in another 8 weeks.

I still sport my hockey jersey's and my Sox ones too. Heck I still bring my mitt to games if I am going to be the firing range. I guess I am just a big kid still.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 01:12 PM)
Ron, I feel bad that you have to wear "Maggitt" on your jersey.

My last name caught me a lot of flack as a kid. But hey, it is what it is.

Edited by Ron

QUOTE (Texsox @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 12:26 PM)

Well, the only time I've ever worn my baseball cap backwards was when I played catcher, and I give not half a s*** about tennis shoes. My shoes get worn until they get too worn.

I don't know why we don't see more older adults wearing jerseys, and I don't care why they don't. I just wear what I'm comfortable in. If some older folks aren't comfortable wearing that stuff, that's respectable. If they stop wearing stuff they like because of what anyone else might think, that's mental weakness IMO. I'm practically AARP-ready now (or so my junk mail tells me), and I don't foresee my love of jerseys or metal and punk music fading away any time soon. If it's "just a phase", it's a long-ass phase.

I see a lot more adults wearing jerseys than boys scout uniforms.