Broadway starting sunday...

letsgoarow

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 06:46 PM)
I guess our hand is pretty forced to use a 6th starter due to the rain out.

Vazquez starting Saturday on 3 days rest eliminates the need for a 6th starter, Broadway will be making his start on Sunday as the 5th starter in place of Richard.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 05:48 PM)
Vazquez starting Saturday on 3 days rest eliminates the need for a 6th starter, Broadway will be making his start on Sunday as the 5th starter in place of Richard.

You're right, so I guess Richard forced our hand to go with the next guy.

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 04:52 PM)
Seriously, if Carrasco could get through 4-5 innings, he'd be a godsend. Hopefully Broadway pours Jobu some rum because otherwise he's going to get destroyed. It's one thing to beat a light hitting KC team, it's another to go up against a powerful offense in the Tigers.

The way this team has used the bullpen since Liney first got hurt, I can totally understand why they don't want to mess with Carrasco. He's been more of a godsend in the role he's in than he could possibly be in the rotation giving 4 innings.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 10:38 PM)
Lance has shown he can win games when he starts. Both times he has started, he has pitched well. He's a better option than Richard, outside of that, we have nobody.

Because he's beaten Kansas City twice... one of the worst offensive teams in baseball.

Richard has had to pitch against teams that can actually hit.

Big difference.

I guess I'm in the minority because I recall 2 VERY good starts from Broadway...one from the end of last year and one this year. Everybody's basing there anxst on his relief performances. Big differences IMO. Just my 2¢. I have no problem with him starting at all...especially if it gives the staff a little break. Geez-us...THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!............

QUOTE (BearSox @ Sep 11, 2008 -> 06:03 AM)
Neither are all that great of options, but Broadway is a lot better than Richard, IMO.

Besides, who else you want starting? Carrasco, maybe, but he has probably been our best reliever for the past couple of months.

The Tigers are a heavily right handed hitting team, which is why it's Broadway instead of Richard. Plus, it sets up the rotation for the Minnesota series.