9/17 White Sox vs. Yankees Game Thread - 6:05PM

DBAHO

Going for back to back wins here, and I'll be in attendance again tonight (so no more saying I bring bad luck shipps).

Probably will be a high scoring affair tonight I would imagine, but if we can nab a win here, that'll be huge. :gosox3:

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 09:26 AM)
Going for back to back wins here, and I'll be in attendance again tonight (so no more saying I bring bad luck shipps).

Probably will be a high scoring affair tonight I would imagine, but if we can nab a win here, that'll be huge. :gosox3:

Bring us home a winner, mate.

QUOTE (whitesoxmanager @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 08:55 AM)
any clue as to why the listed pitcher change? good for you to get your ass to NY to support. must be awesome!

Yeah, I'm still not 100% sure who is starting. Clayton was warming up in this series, so I'm not sure who's starting. If the best case scenario works out and the Sox bash out a victory and the Twins lose tonight, I would be tempted with the 3 1/2 game lead to start either Clayton or Broadway (whoever doesn't start tonight) tomorrow and let the rest of the rotation go on regular rest. I seem to remember that Javy pitches horribly if he doesn't get exaclty 4 days rest

ill be happy with 4 innings 2 runs from clayton....i hope ozzie has him on a short leash with DJ ready to step in....it would be nice to pound hughes early....if minny looks up in the third inning and sees that its 5-1 good guys and they are facing cliff lee they will be feeling some heat

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 10:58 AM)
Yeah, I'm still not 100% sure who is starting. Clayton was warming up in this series, so I'm not sure who's starting. If the best case scenario works out and the Sox bash out a victory and the Twins lose tonight, I would be tempted with the 3 1/2 game lead to start either Clayton or Broadway (whoever doesn't start tonight) tomorrow and let the rest of the rotation go on regular rest. I seem to remember that Javy pitches horribly if he doesn't get exaclty 4 days rest

I've also heard that said about Vazquez. Perhaps Javy has said in the past that he doesn't like to go on less than normal rest? Because there's no data to back up the theory that he sucks on short rest. The guy has made 2 starts on 3 days rest in his entire career. The first start came in his second year in the league in 1999 so it holds little relevance to today but he went 6 innings allowing 5 R, 3 earned and took the loss. The other came in 2004, he went 6 allowed 2 runs and K'd 8 but of course took the tough luck loss. That's 2 starts, 12 IP and a 3.75 ERA.

So either Javy has stated that he doesn't like to go on short rest or someone looked at his numbers on 3 days rest, saw that he hasn't won a game and drew up a conclusion.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 12:08 PM)
I've also heard that said about Vazquez. Perhaps Javy has said in the past that he doesn't like to go on less than normal rest? Because there's no data to back up the theory that he sucks on short rest. The guy has made 2 starts on 3 days rest in his entire career. The first start came in his second year in the league in 1999 so it holds little relevance to today but he went 6 innings allowing 5 R, 3 earned and took the loss. The other came in 2004, he went 6 allowed 2 runs and K'd 8 but of course took the tough luck loss. That's 2 starts, 12 IP and a 3.75 ERA.

So either Javy has stated that he doesn't like to go on short rest or someone looked at his numbers on 3 days rest, saw that he hasn't won a game and drew up a conclusion.

i could be completely wrong, but i know i remember someone on our staff saying he doesn't like going with extra rest...not sure if it was javy who said it or not

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 11:11 AM)
i could be completely wrong, but i know i remember someone on our staff saying he doesn't like going with extra rest...not sure if it was javy who said it or not

Now that I think about it, that might be what I remember. I think earlier this year they gave another starter an extra day rest so Javy didn't go any longer than 4 days.

The Sox are in a perfect position to go up 3.5 games tonight. Cliff Lee is pretty much unhittable, Phil Hughes is very hittable. I hope Richard brings his A game tonight. If we can get a 3.5 game lead with Minny heading to Tampa for 4, and us heading to KC we can possibly clinch in Minny! How sweet would that be after all the times Minny celebrated there division titles on the Southside...

We'll see. You can tell the team was amped up having Paulie's presence in the lineup last night. Lets keep it going....

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 03:56 PM)
Ugh. This wreaks of the Cotts Incident.

How many shots is Clayton gonna get? Broadway has 1 start, it was quality. Don't care if it was KC. He deserves a shot.

Broadway deserves a 'shot' against a team loaded with lefty hitters?

That would be a suicide mission.

He's proven all year long that he can't get lefties out. (He had a .317 BAA in AAA against lefties; a 5.78 ERA; and gave up 17 of his 24 homeruns against them.)

That's why Richard is starting tonight.

Edited by scenario