Fantasy Football Thread

DABearSoX

Thought this was a good thread to start...especially for people in money leagues

ok so in my league I proposed 2 trades by the same person...I am deciding if I want to take any.

(me) Sammy Morris for Wes Welker

(me) Jamaal Lewis for Chasni Stukley (sp, NY Jets WR)

I need a 3rd WR and he needs an RB

I got Reggie Wayne and TJ Housh (WTF???) as my other starters and Reggie Williams/Kevin Walter as my 3rd Starter...

My Rbs are Gore, Earnest Graham, 2 above and Selvin Young

Any Advice?

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 12:58 PM)
Thought this was a good thread to start...especially for people in money leagues

ok so in my league I proposed 2 trades by the same person...I am deciding if I want to take any.

(me) Sammy Morris for Wes Welker

(me) Jamaal Lewis for Chasni Stukley (sp, NY Jets WR)

I need a 3rd WR and he needs an RB

I got Reggie Wayne and TJ Housh (WTF???) as my other starters and Reggie Williams/Kevin Walter as my 3rd Starter...

My Rbs are Gore, Earnest Graham, 2 above and Selvin Young

Any Advice?

Welker is useless now that Cassel is at the healm. Then again so is Morris, I would make accept that trade and hope his production increases. you seem to be alright at the RB position. I like Kevin Walter, hes a good 3rd receiver, Welker would be a nice backup. Lewis for Stuckey, you would have to be nuts, Browns have been terrible but hes faced two good defenses, hold onto him.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 01:28 PM)
Welker is useless now that Cassel is at the healm. Then again so is Morris, I would make accept that trade and hope his production increases. you seem to be alright at the RB position. I like Kevin Walter, hes a good 3rd receiver, Welker would be a nice backup. Lewis for Stuckey, you would have to be nuts, Browns have been terrible but hes faced two good defenses, hold onto him.

I really disagree with your assessment of Welker. Cassel was bound to have some growing pains, but Welker still has value (and was the most targeted receiver last year). That slot is so important to a growing QB, that I almost prefer Welker to Moss now.

Don't touch that deal trading away Jamal Lewis, he'll come back and be a stud. However, I'd jump all over moving Morris for Welker.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 12:28 PM)
Welker is useless now that Cassel is at the healm.

Wow, I couldn't disagree more. Welker is the safety net in the offense and Cassel looked to him about 60% of the snaps. He's still 8th in the NFL in receptions without Brady, and it won't be changing anytime soon. Cassel is a better QB than people are giving him credit for.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 08:23 PM)
So get this. Last week(week 2), I lost 130-126. The problem was, I had the Seattle Defense, and for whatever reason, yahoo didn't credit them with a DEF TD. I emailed them, and they corrected the mistake, giving me the win by 4 points.

:)

Nice work I wondered how I went from 7th to 6th place...

and thanks for some input people...i was leaning towards the welker trade...the only reason why I considered the other was that Jamaal is hit or miss with me in Fantasy, it seems like whenever I have him on one of my teams he stinks

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 08:18 PM)
Anyone else think Micheal Bush might be a sleeper later into the season with Fargas' perennial injury bug and now McFadden's weekly bangs and bruises?

They are stacked at the RB position...he just may be a sleeper but if Fargas or McFadden are healthy they will get more touches per game

I need opinions on an offer I received...

I get: Chad "Ocho Cinco" Johnson and I give up Laveranues Coles.

I think Ocho is a good buy-low candidate (as is Coles, really)... I just need some input. It's been sitting on my offered table for a day and a half and I want to act on it today.

Seems like a toss-up to me.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 08:09 PM)

I think Ocho is a good buy-low candidate (as is Coles, really)... I just need some input. It's been sitting on my offered table for a day and a half and I want to act on it today.

Thats a tough one...Ocho is playing injured all year (I believe surgery in the offseason). The Bengals offense has looked like absolute s***, I have TJ and its really starting to piss me off. Upside is, Carson Palmer is a lot younger than Farve, and should return to form hopefully.

Coles has not seemed to be on the same page as Farve and is pissed about Chad getting the boot. If I were you I think I would stick with Coles on this one however.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 04:09 PM)

Take the trade. Coles is a fine, safe option, but you don't win by playing safe. I'm not worried about Johnson's production so much. He's caught 90 passes and just fewer than 10 tds every year forever. If he's healthy, he'll get back to his usual level (or close). Of course, he could also land on his shoulder wrong and miss the year. But, sorry, the bargain in terms of production is too much to pass up. Risk the injury, take the trade. 7-11 is the guy.

my team is pretty solid....but i need some help this week in who to start....its a 12 team PPR (1/2 point per catch) league, start 2 of the 4 RBs

Reggie Bush vs. Den ....i think hes a must start, with colston out, this game should be a shoot out

Matt Forte vs. Tampa ....tough D, i loved how many carries and catches hes had, especially last week, kevin jones was nowhere to be found, but im worried the

bears will try to lighten the kids load....that said part of me thinks angelo and lovie really want to feature this guy to make up for the cedric fiasco

Kevin Smith vs. 49ers...He's been quiet, but somewhat effective in the first 2 weeks and part of me really thinks he's ready to have a huge game this week

Darren McFadden vs. Bills - loved him last week, especially when Fargas went out, but the fact that Bush got so many carries worries me, as does his turf toe

i think im going bush and forte (those goal line carries cant keep going to mckie all year) but i like the other two guys too...anyone have any reasoning to go a different route?

My only difference would be that I very much don't like McFadden this week. The injury doesn't sound good (especially for a guy who gets by on quicks instead of power). Even if he plays, you gotta expect he'll be limited, with Bush getting a lot of work. Not to mention that the Bills are looking like a pretty nice team -- tough D and good chance the Raiders are playing from behind. I'd rank him pretty darn low for week 3. I wouldn't even consider him with those other 3.

The rest sounds right. Bush is a lock. I think Forte and Smith are pretty close. I could go either way on that, but my gut feeling is to go with Forte. Wouldn't object to either, though.

So in regards to the first topic in this thread, he too away his proposed trade of Sammy Morris for Wes Welker.

I thought he might... I was gettin a little much for someone I got as a free agent a week ago. So to sweeten the deal I added Reggie Williams from my end...Thnk I trust Welker more than Reggie Williams...What do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...