'Anonymous' Hacker Group Gets Palin's Emails

StrangeSox

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 09:38 PM)
So, just to change gears a bit, who else has a problem with the fact that governor Palin's emails being posted online is a bad thing but the government reading all my emails is a good thing and worthy of the support of both of our presidential candidates?

I don't really like either one of them.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 10:49 AM)
Just wait til you hear our chants.

Who's the crack private dick

That's a sex machine to all the chicks?

(Matlock!)

You're damn right

Sex, Lies, and Prozak!

We don't swell!

We were doing that before you were born!

Heard of is? Bill, we invented "is"!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 09:42 PM)
Because they're data mining everyone's. And I'm clearly a Democrat.

Anyway, in all seriousness...why is it a good thing for me to give up my privacy to the government but it's a bad thing for someone in the government to lose that same privacy? Whether they're reading my specific ones or not doesn't matter. If Governor Palin isn't breaking any laws then why is it a bad thing for her emails to be made public?

The feds do much less data mining than Google, Microsoft, or Apple. If you're worried about someone reading your emails and invading your privacy online, it's highly unlikely it will be done by the feds. I don't support any organization doing such things, for the record.

As far as your 'why is it bad for her private emails to go public?' question, it boils down to if you think for the sake of legality everyone's personal communications should be made public. It goes along the lines of 'if you have nothing to hide you shouldn't care' and honestly I don't agree with that type of argument.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 09:37 PM)
Just a question here: Has Barry said anything about the Palin email hacking yet? Has he condemned it, or anything?

Not that I know of. I think he's pretty much ignoring her.

I went to go look and I noticed on the conservative and liberal blogs out there, the reactions were pretty predictable from either end. It's hilarious, but sad.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 08:44 PM)
Not that I know of. I think he's pretty much ignoring her.

I went to go look and I noticed on the conservative and liberal blogs out there, the reactions were pretty predictable from either end. It's hilarious, but sad.

But shouldn't he be condenming the hackers for their invasion of her privacy? You can argue that these people were motivated by his words about 'getting in people's faces' and so on. i mean, if some on the liberal side can claim that Rush et al incite violence then why can't the same apply in reverse? Or is he afraid of getting hacked by them if he does? Politics aside, he would gain more points by pointing out how unfair and wrong that was than by staying quiet and seeming like he quietly condones it.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 05:55 PM)
But shouldn't he be condenming the hackers for their invasion of her privacy? You can argue that these people were motivated by his words about 'getting in people's faces' and so on. i mean, if some on the liberal side can claim that Rush et al incite violence then why can't the same apply in reverse? Or is he afraid of getting hacked by them if he does? Politics aside, he would gain more points by pointing out how unfair and wrong that was than by staying quiet and seeming like he quietly condones it.

Why? He voted along with the rest of the majority in favor of saying it was totally ok that the President had grabbed all those emails and phone calls illegally? Why would you expect him to have a problem with this?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 11:24 AM)
Why? He voted along with the rest of the majority in favor of saying it was totally ok that the President had grabbed all those emails and phone calls illegally? Why would you expect him to have a problem with this?

So he would be totally ok if all his personal stuff suddenly shows up in an envelope at Fox News and makes its way around the internet?