9/18 Sox vs. Bombers - 6:05 pm, WGN

The Ginger Kid

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 08:51 PM)
Everyone acts like we've already lost all three at Minnesota.

The pressure is still on them. Both teams have been horrible. They're still down.

I swear to you they are not dancing in the streets over that Twins team based on today alone.

Post of the month!! :headbang :headbang

Seriously...I know we always have bad luck at the Twinkie Dome, but we are still in the lead right now and the Twins still have Matt Guerrier waiting in the bullpen for us...the division shall be ours!!! the playoffs...now thats another story :gosox3: :gosoxretro: :gosox1: :gosox2:

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And what's more, you're going to get real pissed at this team if you have insanely high expectations.

We're looking to win a hard fought playoff race, go into the playoffs being the least talented team in the AL, and try to steal a few series to advance.

That's where we're at - especially w/ CQ iffy. Any other expectation is too high and you're going to get enraged over a ton of stuff.

Not saying dont be pissed about our current play, but also realize that the team has overachieved and will be the dogs in any series they're in anyway. And we havent blown a lead in the division. We've been tooth and nail with Minnesota all year, and we're here b/c Detroit faltered big time.

Edited by Princess Dye

Wow, we have a 1.5 game lead against a team that just showed life for the first time in a month, that has three more games at the third best team in baseball, and the best home team in baseball, while we have three games at the third worst team in the AL, whose only two good pitchers wont face us...

Yeah, and yet teh Sox always seem to f*** up in those situations where things are stacked really high in their favor. I'm not trying to be pessimistic (I'm usually one of the biggest optimists here), but the Sox tend to f*** up situations like these. I think a LOT of people expect the Sox to fall, even despite every example you mentioned. This team just has no life.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 10:50 PM)
Yeah, and yet teh Sox always seem to f*** up in those situations where things are stacked really high in their favor. I'm not trying to be pessimistic (I'm usually one of the biggest optimists here), but the Sox tend to f*** up situations like these. I think a LOT of people expect the Sox to fall, even despite every example you mentioned. This team just has no life.

A pessimist is just an optimist who's been through a couple of seasons with the White Sox.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 04:04 AM)
I think this would be viewed as a hard fought div title race and not so terminal if it werent for the cheery, annoying kookiness going on w/ the northside fans

We're letting it infect our brains and our rational thinking. We're up. That means thumbs up, and the next three nights are tougher for them.

No one outside of Sox fans would give a s*** if we fail to make the postseason. Like you said, this city is going to be Cubbie gay in 10 days or so.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 10:04 PM)
I think this would be viewed as a hard fought div title race and not so terminal if it werent for the cheery, annoying kookiness going on w/ the northside fans

We're letting it infect our brains and our rational thinking. We're up. That means thumbs up, and the next three nights are tougher for them.

Don't worry, once they get bounced in the playoffs or WS it will all be worth it. Go cubbbssss goooooo.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 06:09 PM)
along with MacDougall,Boone and Wasserman

If the Sox go anywhere in the post-season, it will be with the help of MacDougall. Linebrink isn't healthy and Dotel is exhausted. The only solid arms in the pen are Jenks/Thornton and after that MacDougall is the best option.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 09:14 PM)
This article makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. I never thought I'd say this, but good for Ozzie and OC.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,7990801.story

I know one thing, despite 99% of this forum, I love OC. He's been a tremendous addition to the team and I'd have no problem keeping him around as long as the Sox were able to find a legit guy to leadoff. I'd totally give OC a 3 year deal worth good money and use Swisher and whomever to acquire a legit CFer. Let BA be the 4th outfielder (getting more and more starts as the Sox will have to rest Dye/Thome/Konerko more).

Go with a Casey Blake type at 3B. Hold onto your actual prospects and try to prepare and build up some more young arms and young position players to step in for Dye/Thome/Konerko in the future.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 06:05 AM)
I know one thing, despite 99% of this forum, I love OC. He's been a tremendous addition to the team and I'd have no problem keeping him around as long as the Sox were able to find a legit guy to leadoff.

I'm pretty sure us two are alone in his fan club.

This team just has no life.

The crazy thing is we swept Detroit and were up 3 in the loss column and we had life. Then we have no life. It's really bizarre. I've been wrong before, but I really truly am assuming 3 losses in the dome. I think the season is here in KC. If we lose all 3 we're out of gas, kaput, done.

However will we turn it on and kick their ass? I have no clue.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 01:53 AM)
The crazy thing is we swept Detroit and were up 3 in the loss column and we had life. Then we have no life. It's really bizarre. I've been wrong before, but I really truly am assuming 3 losses in the dome. I think the season is here in KC. If we lose all 3 we're out of gas, kaput, done.

However will we turn it on and kick their ass? I have no clue.

I believe we'll sweep Minnesota in Minnesota.

This is entirely out of my character, but I've grown tired of this inevitable series lost to Minnesota more than a month prior to now.