9/19 Sox v. Royals 7:10 CSN

Texsox

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny thing is he almost "slowed" down his swing...it was just a perfectly placed fly ball.

Wonder if this will be the Crede/Riske shot that puts us over the top and gets us through the weekend? We'll see if MB can go back out on the bump and shut down the Royals in the bottom of the inning. On August 2nd, he gave up 14 hits to the Royals in one of his ugliest starts ever...except one of those opening series at the Metrodome where he was supposedly tipping off his pitches.

It will be interesting to see how Perkins and Blackburn react to getting knocked out after 2/3 IP and 1 1/3 IP next week...they should be well rested...and both have shown signs of fatigue coming down the stretch, especially Blackburn.

So far, it looks like moving Buehrle up has been a good decision...not so with Javy.

6-0 now.

Maybe that GS took the monkey off the back of this team. We'll see if they can sustain it the next two games. This team has been so schitzophrenic.

The next big question is how long does Guillen stick with Buerhle?

He's on three day's rest, and has thrown 42 pitches so far. As tempting as it would be to pull him after 5 or 6, the idea of the bullpen blowing the lead no matter how big it is truly scares me...even though it's a 6-0 lead right now.

That darned Aviles would be in the Hall of Fame THIS YEAR if he played every game against the White Sox.

Edited by caulfield12

OC's being a tough out at the plate right now, which is great to see. I'm out for now, a my internet isn't working well. Don't take this game for granted though, KC has a habit of coming back in games like this against us.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 06:18 PM)
The Royals don't have the Tigers offense, but it doesn't matter. If Buehrle is going strong with 80-85 pitches, you let him work another inning or so. You are in race for the playoffs, and have to do everything in there power to make sure they get a W tonight. Worry about tomorrow later.

IF we were talking about Floyd or Danks, I'd say you pull them. But this Mr. Reliable on the mound. Let him go until he says "That's it" or until the Royals start gettin ghim.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 09:20 PM)
IF we were talking about Floyd or Danks, I'd say you pull them. But this Mr. Reliable on the mound. Let him go until he says "That's it" or until the Royals start gettin ghim.

Horrible timing on this post, lol