9/21 - Sox @ KC; 1:10 PM CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 02:44 PM)
I think, when it's all said and done, we'll look back at Quentin's injury and realize that the real cost of it was having to play Swisher.

I mean, it's hard to say that because he's such a totally, super-duper hilaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarious guy and everything . . .

Haha, oh man. Did you see when he danced in the dugout the other day?

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 02:50 PM)
Has anyone looked at Swisher's away stats this year? Holy cow, he f***ing sucks. .185 batting average and an OPS not close to .600.

His season has to rank as one of the worst in franchise history, right?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 01:52 PM)
Haha, oh man. Did you see when he danced in the dugout the other day?

Seriously. I mean, talk about loose. Swish makes this team so loose. I mean, they're so loose, they look comatose. That's how good Swish is at this stuff. He's like the new Max Patkin, Clown Prince of Baseball. Thanks, Swish.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 07:54 PM)
Seriously. I mean, talk about loose. Swish makes this team so loose. I mean, they're so loose, they look comatose. That's how good Swish is at this stuff. He's like the new Max Patkin, Clown Prince of Baseball. Thanks, Swish.

Between Swisher and Ozzie, this is the loosest, most motivated team in history!

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 02:55 PM)
Anybody who tries to make the Duckworth performance into anything else but our offense sucking needs to get a clue. This is not just a pitcher having a great game, this is an offense trying to show how terrible it truly is.

He's allowed 1 homer in about 30 innings now this season. I doubt things are going to improve for the offense today.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 02:55 PM)
Anybody who tries to make the Duckworth performance into anything else but our offense sucking needs to get a clue. This is not just a pitcher having a great game, this is an offense trying to show how terrible it truly is.

Honestly, I don't think anybody makes that argument anymore.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 07:57 PM)
It's the kind of team that makes me want to run a marathon or something. Damn, I'm fired up just watching their joy and energy.

It's why I always laugh when people say Ozzie is a great motivator. This is a worse level of corpseball coming down the stretch than Manuel could have ever dreamed of.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 02:59 PM)
I said this in chat, and I'm sure it will annoy some people: after seeing their energy in a pennant race, it doesn't surprise me that Thome and Griffey Jr. don't have a World Series ring.

To be fair, they are old now. But it's an interesting point. Even PK has turned it on in September after an awful season.