AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

I am so nervous for this upcoming series. I'm going to the game on Thursday. The only way they can clinch it when I'm there is by sweeping the Twins, which I'm sure won't happen. We cannot afford to get swept by them. Winning the series would be completely awesome, but I'll even take one win right now.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 04:26 PM)
Outstanding Danksy. Nice to see what happens when a pitcher throws on normal rest. That was just a huge outing.

For a guy who's "hit the wall", he's got a sub-1.00 ERA in his last 3 starts (0.98 ERA with 3 BB and 16 K in 18 1/3 innings).

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 06:56 PM)
With the way the Twins have played the last two months, why should I believe that will make a serious run at 1st place? Everyone complained last night the Sox don't have the killer instinct to wrap this division up, and are letting the Twins right back in it. Where is the Twins killer instinct. If the Sox really have let them back in it time and time again, why haven't the taken it?

Exactly.

I will say this, the Sox better man up for once in Minnesota and just not decide they will bow down to the Twinkees in the Humpme dome.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 05:56 PM)
With the way the Twins have played the last two months, why should I believe that will make a serious run at 1st place? Everyone complained last night the Sox don't have the killer instinct to wrap this division up, and are letting the Twins right back in it. Where is the Twins killer instinct. If the Sox really have let them back in it time and time again, why haven't the taken it?

To be fair, we couldn't get the job done. We should've had this division wrapped up awhile ago. And I mean, a whillllle ago. And we, like the Twins, suck on the road. We're playing them in their house. I sadly have a feeling that it's going to take that Tigers game as well.

Hopefully we can wrap this up in the dumpdome so we can get our playoff ducks in a row. With our starting pitching we can win a short series. People love Tampa, but we played them pretty tough at their dome and those games could of swung our way. We will be the underdog, and the pressure will be off when we clinch and get to play the Rays. then its showtime.

Have I mentioned how much I hate off-days? The next forty-eight hours are going to be torturous. I know it's necessary for travel and rest, but I'm selfish. I'm irritable if I don't get baseball every day. And the fact that this next series is going to be huge makes the wait all the more unbearable.

Starting pitching is the name of the game for the Sox through 6 or 7 innings. What we need is some relief pitchers other than Jenks and Thornton, who will step up and play like they have a pair. The offense has struggled some, but we should be ready for the twins series. I want to win it hoiw and not let this go back to Comiskey with us still trying to clinch. ESPN of course must not see the Twins-Sox game Wed as important enough to show as I see they have announced they are carrying a Cubs game. There is no race in the NL Central anymore so who cares about the Cubs?