9/23 - Sox @ Min - 7:10 PM CDT - WCIU

knightni

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Glen Quagmire would say, "Gigity gigity." Let's start this one out good. Javy has the best stuff on the staff, time he shows up in a big game. A win in game one would set the tone and send the message that it's the Sox division. A win in game one would also demoralize the Twins.

Edited by maggsmaggs

this game is huge....win this one and minny is on the ropes...they basically would have to win out in order to win the division....lose this one and i think minny gets in our heads a bit...it would be nice to see javy come up big...im worried if this game is 4-3 in the 6th and javy is at 100 pitches...who comes in for mauer and morneau? probably too early for thornton considering those guys will come up again later in the game....our best option (not that its a good option) might be clayton richard....yikes

Twins hitters vs. Javy Vazquez

Denard Span 1-3

Alexi Casilla 1-3

Joe Mauer 9-28, 3 2b

Justin Morneau 14-39, 6 HR 4 2b

Jason Kubel 2-21, 8Ks

Delmon Young 5-14

thats the top of the order...and its pretty clear if kubel is hitting behind morneau that we gotta go around morneau....others of note: adam everett is 5-13 against javy, so he could play over Tolbert, also not sure where cuddyer fits into their games, but he is 12-35 with 2 HR off javy...

their big boys have hit javy hard, hes gonna have to limit their damage tomorrow night

on the contrary....

White Sox hitters vs. Scott Baker

OC 8-18

AJ 3-5

Dye 1-11

Thome 2-14, HR

Konerko 4-14, 2 HR

Alexei 0-3

Swisher 2-9

Uribe 1-9

outside of OC not alot of success (crede was 5-8 with a HR) and Jerry Owens is 3-5, so he could sneak into the lineup

I just don't want to see a circus act out there. The Twins beating the ball into the ground and the Sox defense throwing balls away, misplaying hops, losing the ball in the roof...garbage like that.

The Twins are the ones under pressure. If the Sox let the game come to them they will be ok.

Why can't our hitters do what Paulie did when we led 1-0 vs. KC with a man on base? That is, man up and get a key hit, blast it over the fence. We're gonna have to bring our long ball to beat Minnie. That's who we are and all we are.

Just a really weird tidbit here...

I've noticed that the Sox have won a lot recently with the games on WCIU, especially the road games.

I just countered up the record of our road games on the U. It's at .500, 7-7. When I first started tallying, the team was like 5 games under .500, but recently, they've recovered and won I think their last 3 road games on the U. The latest one being in Yankee stadium. It's also quite coincidental that the Sox's only win in Minnesota was broadcasted on WCIU.

If you want to know the Sox home record on the U, it's 6-5. Overall, 13-12.

May the superstitious TV station give us luck!

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 08:46 PM)
Don't let Morneau beat you. Please.

I honestly rather walk him every appearance, even with the bases loaded, then the embarrassment last time -- and simingly every series -- of grooving pitch after pitch to him.

pfft

Just put a lefty in there and throw three straight breaking balls out of the zone. Easy way to beat him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 09:03 PM)
Do we have a lefty who can actually throw a breaking ball? At least out of the bullpen?

I remember seeing Boone do it effectively against Morneau last year (year before?). Of course, there's no way I'd put him in there now.