9/23 - Sox @ Min - 7:10 PM CDT - WCIU

knightni

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 08:43 PM)
I cannot wait for the post game interviews. Paul Konerko saying, well they are a good team, and man, we are playing in the dome. I just tip my cap to Baker. His ball was moving, and he was changing speeds, you know the s*** all pitchers do."

Then Ozzie "Man, these piranhas bite, they nibble they look for blood. I hope we are ready for the indians and the tigers at home. No Brian Anderson wouldnt of gotten to that ball, Griffey is a HOFer and didnt"

Buerhle "Well I dont like our chances, we are at the DOME. Strike haunted music."

The Baker comments would drive me up the wall the most. He didn't have great stuff tonight and threw a lot of bad pitches that the offense fouled off.

I agree, f*** worrying about "bulletin board" material, someone in this org needs to say f*** the Twins, we played like s*** tonight and we can beat this team anywhere.... but I'm expecting more of what you posted

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 08:44 PM)
nice griff. hopefully that has some momentum for tomorrow.

Each game is a seperate entity. There is no "momentum". This team could be on a 15 game winning streak playing the best baseball in the world. Play that team in the dome against Johan and we are shutout trying to figure out what the f*** ran us over.

We hit lots of 9th inning junk homers. We are always swinging for the fences. And they are just pumping strikes in, trying to get outs.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 08:49 PM)
i do not want jermaine dye on the bench for the most important series of the season. we don't get to this point without his bat. and all this anderson pole gobbling is truly entertaining, please keep it up (so to speak).

I agree with the Dye part of your post, but he can't hit 3rd anymore. Put Thome or PK in there. My lineup for tomorrow if I had my druthers:

OC SS

Swisher LF

PK 1b

Thome DH

Dye RF

Alexei 2b

Anderson CF

AJ C

Uribe 3b

Agreed that the 9th inning homer means nothing for the team's momentum. However, I think any time you can get a good hit like that it is good for personally building confidence.

HAHAHA. you wish. That was a garbage homer, nothing more.

The pitchers set the tone for the games. How do you think the Sox felt when they were down 5-1 with Javy on the mound?

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 09:54 PM)
http://www.baseball-reference.com/pi/pspli...1&year=2008

Blackburn has sucked the last 28 days and sucked even more the last 14, but of course looks like he pitches a lot better at home. No excuses, he isn't pitching well, he needs to be hit hard

Our offense needs to concentrate. The two AAA pitchers that kept us in check on Saturday and Sunday shouldnt of been in each game past the 3rd inning either. Yet here we are. Our bad offense can make anyone look like Cy Young.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 08:58 PM)
Our offense needs to concentrate. The two AAA pitchers that kept us in check on Saturday and Sunday shouldnt of been in each game past the 3rd inning either. Yet here we are. Our bad offense can make anyone look like Cy Young.

I agree. I might have been over analyzing the game, but our vetran hitters looked nervous, which is a joke.

It's come to the point they need to shake the lineup up. Oz can't trot the same thing out over and over again.