9/23 - Sox @ Min - 7:10 PM CDT - WCIU

knightni

QUOTE (Felix @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 07:44 PM)
I remember seeing Boone do it effectively against Morneau last year (year before?). Of course, there's no way I'd put him in there now.

Just did some checking. Morneau is 6/11 career against Boone with a 1.492 OPS. And presumably that includes a few at bats from the months when Boone was actually effective.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 09:53 PM)
Just did some checking. Morneau is 6/11 career against Boone with a 1.492 OPS. And presumably that includes a few at bats from the months when Boone was actually effective.

Sounds right. I was talking about one at-bat in particular, pretty hilarious that Boone was that bad in all the other at-bats.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 08:46 PM)
Don't let Morneau beat you. Please.

I honestly rather walk him every appearance, even with the bases loaded, then the embarrassment last time -- and simingly every series -- of grooving pitch after pitch to him.

.....he's carrying the T. Hunter torch.

I think this series comes down the the bullpen. Thornton, Carrasco, Dotel, Linebrink, etc. need to step it up and be lights out. Losing to the Twins will be bad, but blowing a lead against them will be demoralizing. Please no Logan or Ramirez at all in this series. I don't care if we're down or up by 10.

Just put a lefty in there and throw three straight breaking balls out of the zone. Easy way to beat him.

Only lefty we can halfway trust is Thornton. Put Boone or Ramirez in and we're doomed. I mean any Twin lefty will clobber either of those two hacks.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 10:06 PM)
All I can say is that I trust Javy a whole lot more then I do Buehrle this series.

I feel exactly the opposite, especially with Blackburn on the mound.

Unfortunately, the Sox's best hitter against Baker - by far - is Joe Crede. Uribe can't hit his weight against Baker. Thome (.557 OPS v. Baker in 15 AB) and Dye (.322 in 13 AB) suck against Baker big time and AJ is OK not terrific (.666 in 9 AB, but 3 for 9). Cabrera (.944 / 18 AB), Konerko (1.119 / 15 AB) , and Swisher (if he starts - .940 OPS / 11 AB) will have to provide the lumber tonight. A-Ram 0 for 3 w/ a deep fly ball and a K, D. Wise with a walk and a strikeout.

Somehow despite these bad stats, Baker has a 9+ ERA against the Sox.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 02:10 AM)
Only lefty we can halfway trust is Thornton. Put Boone or Ramirez in and we're doomed. I mean any Twin lefty will clobber either of those two hacks.

Mauer OPS v. Thornton - .580 in 16 AB

Morneau OPS v. Thornton - .352 in 15 AB

Mauer OPS v. Jenks - .697 in 11 AB

Morneau OPS v. Jenks - .220 in 14 AB 5Ks, 1 BB

Jenks and Thornton should be the only pitchers that face Mauer + Morneau in the 7th inning or later, unless it's a laugher.

Ozzie should use Jenks in the 8th if he needs to in Game 1. Forget about the rest of the series. Treat each game as if it's single elimination - one win in this series will go a LONG way to clinching the division.

The AL Central right now is for the White Sox to win, or lose, as they control their own destiny at this point........

This game, and series, is gonna tell alot about them, and what the Sox are really capable of this season........

GOOOOOOOOO SOX!!!!!!!!

:headbang :gosox3: :gosox1: :gosox2: :headbang

I will be the asshole in my night class texting in order to get score updates for the first hour of the game. And my internet better not be s***ting the bed when I get back from it like it has the past few nights.

This is a must win. The whole team needs to man up from Javy to the offense. Let's go Sox!

Ozzie on playing in the Dome...

Just in case the players do flinch at the sight of the dome, Guillen offered a small warning -- as only Guillen can.

''If they worry about how we get there and how we're going to play there, then we should go straight to Cleveland and don't play there,'' Guillen said. ''We have to play good there. That's my job. If I have to be on their ***, I will be on their ***. I'm not scared. We've been through it. We win the world championship with a lot of guys out there, and they shouldn't be scared.

''We got to beat the [bleep] out of them and have the last laugh.''