9/23 - Sox @ Min - 7:10 PM CDT - WCIU

knightni

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 03:55 PM)
I just hope that Anderson is in there early if they take a lead. 5th or 6th is not to early.

Anderson is so far down the depth chart. If they were to replace Griffey, it will be with a pinch runner ( Owens ) who will take over in CF. The only way Anderson plays is if he gets traded.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 03:57 PM)
This line up would produce 2 runs.

Because replacing the light hitting Griffey with the light hitting (but seemingly infinitely more powerful) Anderson and swapping your worst hitter over the past 30 days with your hottest hitter over the past week in the 2 spot hurts your lineup?

Since that series in Baltimore in late August AJ is hitting .183/.227/.225/.452 w/ 3 XBH, 4 RBI and 2 BB over 74 PA. Yeah, that's who you want in the 2 hole. Oh and when AJ was having those awesome games against the Twins earlier in the season he was hitting 6th.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 03:01 PM)
And putting Junior in the game, instead of Brian would catapult the offense from 2 runs, to 6-7.

Gotcha.

If we were facing a lefty, I'd say play BA. I'm always for it. BA does his damage against lefties. Baker isn't a lefty.

And I am all for putting BA in CF later in the game if we have a lead.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 03:04 PM)
Because replacing the light hitting Griffey with the light hitting (but seemingly infinitely more powerful) Anderson and swapping your worst hitter over the past 30 days with your hottest hitter over the past week in the 2 spot hurts your lineup?

Come on, Kalapse. You are King Stat Geek here. You know Griffey is a better option to start against a righty over BA.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 04:06 PM)
Come on, Kalapse. You are King Stat Geek here. You know Griffey is a better option to start against a righty over BA.

No, not really. They're both .650 OPS OF, one has a whole hell of a lot more speed and can actually play some D. The inclusion of Junior in this lineup is not going to help create runs, the guy has lost the ability to hit the ball hard and without that he's not giving you much. Personally, I'd go with Brian. Hopefully Grif will magically find his power stroke for this series but I'm not counting on it.

And honestly, Ozzie playing Junior over BA doesn't bother me as much as him hitting AJ 2nd and Wise 8th. That's just f***ing retarded.

The next three games were why the White Sox got AJ, Cabrera and Swisher and to an extent Dotel. These were the fired up emotional guys that were taking the team to the level that the mild mannered Dye, Konerko and Thome did not in a rah rah kind of way.

Seeing as Swisher is not even playing and Griffey fits the Konerko mold, I am not really sure what to expect the next three games.

This team could be the hammering team of the June series or they could whimper out.

I think they will lose 7-1 and 8-3 in two of the games but will win one 4-2.

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 04:20 PM)
I know Swish is cold, but he hits Baker pretty well. Wise is a crapshoot, but I like the fact that he's hot right now.

I can't believe I'm going to watch the Sox put their season on the line again in the Dome. So many bad memories.

I'm a big Swish fan and he obviously hasn't done a lot to help his cause this year, so I'm not really sure what to make of him not playing tonight. I think ultimately Wise has been hot and goofier things have happened in baseball than Dewayne Wise having a big series, so I think you have to try and ride his hot hand. I'm just concerned Baker's PC will be about 70 through 6 innings. The Twins pen is bad and need to get into it early in this series