Vent Thread

Milkman delivers

honestly i haven't felt good about this team all month and frankly... my interest in sox baseball has waned to the point where I just don't care anymore (whoa) and i wish it were the offseason so we could start retooling. i just don't like this team right now and i have no confidence in our performance. if we get to the playoffs i predict a 3 and out.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Felix @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 09:33 PM)
Just got back from the game. My thoughts:

- This game was incredibly predictable. I literally predicted almost everything that happened in this game, including: Javy giving up the lead after we scored early, the back-to-back home runs off of Boone, Joe Mauer's single to lead off the 5th which was hit where OC should have been playing, Boone's implosion (duh)

- It still baffles me that Griffey is playing. He's worthless. As in, he has no redeeming qualities and shouldn't be on the major league roster of a team that's trying to make the playoffs. No excuses, and there are no excuses for Ozzie's continued use of him.

- I've always defended Ozzie, but it's starting to be really hard. I don't understand some of his decisions at all. They seem incredibly obvious and I'm pretty sure a 10 year old could make them, but for some reason he continues to go against all logic.

- We have the slowest CF & RF combination in the majors.

- Twins fans (and all fans in general) are idiots. A jackass ran onto the field during the 9th inning (8th?) and was applauded by the entire fan base. Disgusting.

i doubt he was applauded. i was at the sox game on the 8th when someone did the same thing and the crowd cheered when he got tackled. it was probably the same thing.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 10:35 PM)
i doubt he was applauded. i was at the sox game on the 8th when someone did the same thing and the crowd cheered when he got tackled. it was probably the same thing.

As someone who was there, he was applauded. He was applauded when he got on the field, as he ran around, and as he walked off.

QUOTE (Felix @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 10:36 PM)
As someone who was there, he was applauded. He was applauded when he got on the field, as he ran around, and as he walked off.

Yeah, these are the same fans who came close to having to forfeit a game against us because of all the hats getting thrown into the field.

I'll be there Thursday to see all of the idiots.

Perhaps I'm too optomistic, but I think Ozzie knew exactly what he was doing. He needed to know if he can trust Javy in the big games. This was as big a game as he could get, and better Javy crap the bed now then in a game where everything is on the line. Now he knows its the same old Javy... I don't think we will be seeing too much of him in future big spots.

Of course, I'm posting in the wrong thread.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 10:53 PM)
I'm so tired of getting our heads beat in everytime we step in the state of Minnesota.

I wish one person would f***ing stand up and say "f*** this, we can f***ing beat them, lets go play some f***ing ball like we f***ing can!!" Seriously, as a captain of teams before (of course only high school) its pretty easy to motivate guys, just get them focused and dont say s*** like "Oh theyre better than us, any wins we can get will be nice, but Im not expecting any." If you say taht youre screwed mentally, and this game is dependent on your mental state that any team going into any series with that attitude will get swept unless the other team gives up a win. Doesnt matter how talented you are.

Is there anybody still left on the "Javy is our best pitcher" bandwagon that was pretty popular earlier in the season? I wonder.

As for the Sox, they're 13-16 over their last 29 games. This hasn't been a good team for a long time, not a good team on the road, and not had a lot of success against winning teams all season. A Twins sweep wouldn't surprise me.

I think someone mentioned it earlier in the thread, but this is not a team that's worth stressing over because they just aren't very good. You will end up disappointed in the end. I think I realized that a couple of weeks ago and have been much happier ever since.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 11:47 PM)
Is there anybody still left on the "Javy is our best pitcher" bandwagon that was pretty popular earlier in the season? I wonder.

As for the Sox, they're 13-16 over their last 29 games. This hasn't been a good team for a long time, not a good team on the road, and not had a lot of success against winning teams all season. A Twins sweep wouldn't surprise me.

I think someone mentioned it earlier in the thread, but this is not a team that's worth stressing over because they just aren't very good. You will end up disappointed in the end. I think I realized that a couple of weeks ago and have been much happier ever since.

I was torn apart earlier in the week for wanting Chris Young back, but, after tonight, who WOULDN'T want Chris Young and Kenny Williams with $10+ million to work with to replace Vazquez???

Heck, KW's been smart enough to get Floyd and Danks by dumping salary and prospects, maybe, just maybe, he could find a leadoff hitter at SS/2B with that money. That's not completely out of the question.

All I know is that we're not going anywhere with Vazquez, and the future prospects of winning the division against a Minnesota team that will keep improving, a dangerous Indians team, the Tigers and maturing Royals with Brian Anderson and Juan Uribe as starters, I just don't see how it's possible.

Edited by caulfield12

Vazquez was absolutely terrible tonight, and I don't care if he didn't have his best stuff. FSN North had him registering around 88-92 with his fastball, and I don't remember seeing him use his changeup at all. That Kubel AB was pathetic too...I wonder what happens when you throw a good fastball hitter 6 straight fastballs...?

Griffey has a use on this team, but it's as a backup outfielder or pinch hitter late in the game. He should be no where near CF tomorrow - hopefully it's Anderson or even Swisher or Wise - but I strongly doubt it and expect a similar lineup tomorrow night. That's a piss poor lineup the Sox are throwing out there.

I also wouldn't mind seeing either Wise or Ramirez in the 2 hole tomorrow...AJP is a cheater because he is cheering for the Twins.

The stoppers are going in the next two, and Blackburn got f***ed up his last start. Time for Buehrle to earn his moneys.

Can we just play Toby "Hits to Opposite Field" Hall from now on, at least he tries hitting the f***ing ball where it's pitched

We have enough dead-pull hitters in our lineup, Toby MF'in Hall is a better 2hole guy than AJ right now, and lately has called better games as well

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 10:47 PM)

Hey,but Hawk thinks that the Angels,Cubs and White Sox are the 3 best teams in MLB!yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!!!

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 12:43 AM)
Vazquez was absolutely terrible tonight, and I don't care if he didn't have his best stuff. FSN North had him registering around 88-92 with his fastball, and I don't remember seeing him use his changeup at all. That Kubel AB was pathetic too...I wonder what happens when you throw a good fastball hitter 6 straight fastballs...?

Griffey has a use on this team, but it's as a backup outfielder or pinch hitter late in the game. He should be no where near CF tomorrow - hopefully it's Anderson or even Swisher or Wise - but I strongly doubt it and expect a similar lineup tomorrow night. That's a piss poor lineup the Sox are throwing out there.

I also wouldn't mind seeing either Wise or Ramirez in the 2 hole tomorrow...AJP is a cheater because he is cheering for the Twins.

The stoppers are going in the next two, and Blackburn got f***ed up his last start. Time for Buehrle to earn his moneys.

Vazquez used his changeup at least once. That was the meatball he spotted high and right over the plate for Kubel's first HR.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 11:43 PM)

Javy did use his changeup. Unfortunately, when he did, it got crushed. The home run he gave up to Kubel was on a high change up.

I swear, if Griffey starts in center again today, Ozzie has some explaining to do. Griffey's inability to catch that fly ball in the gap totally set up that 3 run 4th inning. His second home run in garbage time also meant absolutely nothing. Play Anderson Ozzie, play Anderson! You can even play Owens. Please, we need more range in center!