Vent Thread

Milkman delivers

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 10:28 AM)
If we win tonight, we win the division. If we lose tonight, Minnesota wins the division. I understand that's an opinion and not a vent, but I believe it to be absolutely true. We HAVE to win tonight, end of story.

One day at a time. Remember, Floyd starts in game 3.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 09:31 AM)
I swear, if Griffey starts in center again today, Ozzie has some explaining to do. Griffey's inability to catch that fly ball in the gap totally set up that 3 run 4th inning. His second home run in garbage time also meant absolutely nothing. Play Anderson Ozzie, play Anderson! You can even play Owens. Please, we need more range in center!

which is more important - offense or defense? ozzie's in a tight situation, you start griffey because he brings more offense than anderson. Anderson obviously brings better defense. It's a tough call, imo.

Why the hell did Aaron Poreda not get called up at the beginning of September? Was that the manager's call or the GM's call? Was it a mutual decision between Poreda and the management? In my view, he would be more effective than Horacio Ramirez, Clayton Richard, and Boone Logan. And surely he would be no less effective than anyone else in the pen, except Jenks and maybe Thornton?

QUOTE (Chet Lemon @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 08:38 PM)
Why the hell did Aaron Poreda not get called up at the beginning of September? Was that the manager's call or the GM's call? Was it a mutual decision between Poreda and the management? In my view, he would be more effective than Horacio Ramirez, Clayton Richard, and Boone Logan. And surely he would be no less effective than anyone else in the pen, except Jenks and maybe Thornton?

Does it matter? It's not like September call-ups ever play an important role down the stretch. :o

Sox, I give you three innings just like I did last night.If I see you take a s*** like you did last night in the first three innings I will turn you off and do other productive things as I did last night.Iam not going to watch a team if Iam not enjoying myself,thats why I watch in the first place.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 02:40 PM)
Why are we incapable of playing decent baseball in the Metrodome?

Why can't Junior pinch hit so we can have BA actually get to fly balls?

Why am I still watching this team?

Aren't you the guy who just started the Rally Dweezy? Geez, figure out where you stand and stick with it.

QUOTE (Chet Lemon @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 02:38 PM)

see: Homer Bailey, Phil Hughes, Joba Chamberlin, Jeff Niemann ect.

Bringing stud pitchers up in September before they are ready usually has not resulted in a good thing in recent years. Matter of fact, I can't think of one pitcher who benefitted from it.

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 02:00 PM)
see: Homer Bailey, Phil Hughes, Joba Chamberlin, Jeff Niemann ect.

Bringing stud pitchers up in September before they are ready usually has not resulted in a good thing in recent years. Matter of fact, I can't think of one pitcher who benefitted from it.

I don't know what's so bad about Joba's line last year and even this year. He seemed to have benefitted from his callup so i would say that he wasn't the best example to pick from. The only problem with Joba was i believe that he had gotten hurt earlier this year if im not mistaken and then came back and was solid.

Year Team W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV SVO IP H R ER HR BB SO

2007 NYY 2 0 0.38 19 0 0 0 1 1 24.0 12 2 1 1 6 34

2008 NNY 4 3 2.42 41 12 0 0 0 1 100.1 86 30 27 5 38 118

Edited by sayitaintso

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 01:12 PM)
and he drove in all 3 runs we scored. just saying.

He hit into a double play to drive in the first run. He hit a home run in garbage time. He failed to make one of the biggest plays in the game on defense that any other outfielder besides him and Dye would of made. Swisher might of even had that ball. At best, Griffey didn't produce at all yesterday. At worst, you could of said he cost the Sox a couple of runs.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 01:07 PM)
which is more important - offense or defense? ozzie's in a tight situation, you start griffey because he brings more offense than anderson. Anderson obviously brings better defense. It's a tough call, imo.

Anderson's slugging better than Griffey and has an OPS almost as high. Anderson is just as productive as Griffey at the plate right now with a much more reliable glove in center.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 02:41 PM)
Ready for what? He was having a good year this season prior to getting injured. There's many examples you can use, but Joba isn't one of them.

I think that plays into the fact that he wasn't ready for MLB, many insiders are quick to point out that Job got his injury because he was rushed by the Yanks and his mechanics are not there. But since everyone seems to have a boner over him over here much like Baseball Tonight... we'll go with several other examples.

Clayton Kershaw, Max Scherzer, Manny Parra, Clay Bucholtz, Gio Gonzalez lol (unless he was still on our team since he would have helped SO much -_- )

Edited by watchtower41

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 09:52 PM)
I think that plays into the fact that he wasn't ready for MLB, many insiders are quick to point out that Job got his injury because he was rushed by the Yanks and his mechanics are not there. But since everyone seems to have a boner over him over here much like Baseball Tonight... we'll go with several other examples.

A 0.39 ERA during their rookie season = boneriffic