Vent Thread

Milkman delivers

I wish I had some photoshop skillz, because I would have two things done...

First I would take the Tribs pic of Vazquez from yesterday of him rubbing his head in frustration and put the caption

"Nickels for Neuticals, don't let this happen to someone you know"

and second

I would be photoshopping Jermaine Dye and Jim Thome onto a milk carton with a caption about the Sox offense going missing, if found return to the Hubert H Humphrey Metrodome.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether we get in or not, it's time to blow this team up. Hell I thought that after last season. How many more seasons in recent history do we have to watch, with feast-or-famine, HR-dependent offense? It's like having bi-polar disorder on the diamond: the highs (home runs) are oh so fun, but the LOWS (i.e., nada) are unbearable.

No mas.

Problem of course is that we have too many aging sluggers who aren't trade bait: Konerko, maybe Dye... Thome, maybe, Griffey. I say spare nobody in trying to get us back to a team that... yes, I'll say it because it was no secret back in 2005: plays like the Twins.

It's almost poetic justice that if we get knocked out of this this year it's because yet again, the Twins are showing us how their brand of ball conquers long ball every time--except the year that we weren't playing it.

And for God's sake put BA in center. His .233 average may not be great but he absolutely patrols CF. Any ball hit there when he's in I have total confidence he will get to. And he's cheaper than Swish or KG.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 11:06 AM)
Whether we get in or not, it's time to blow this team up.

I was thinking that last night while watching the game.

The part that frustrates me is the "station to station" / Long ball only hitters that take up spots 3-6 or 3-7 depending on the lineup.

We have Konerko, JD, Griff Jr, Thome and Pierzynski. They are largely station to station runners. THey are station to station runners who tend to think homer first. That doesnt really give us much of a chance to big inning rallies.

I love OC, Ramirez, and Swish (he's had an off year). Add in Pierzynski and that is a nice "grinder" core to build around. Throw in CQ and I like the team a lot.

I was thinking that last night while watching the game.

The part that frustrates me is the "station to station" / Long ball only hitters that take up spots 3-6 or 3-7 depending on the lineup.

We have Konerko, JD, Griff Jr, Thome and Pierzynski. They are largely station to station runners. THey are station to station runners who tend to think homer first. That doesnt really give us much of a chance to big inning rallies.

I love OC, Ramirez, and Swish (he's had an off year). Add in Pierzynski and that is a nice "grinder" core to build around. Throw in CQ and I like the team a lot.

I agree completely. The Cuban Missle has been quite a find and exemplifies the kind of ball I want to see.

Yes I'd keep AJ too because he may not be fast, but he's about a smart a player as they come, and he's been catching these guys all along. Oh yeah and I have his jersey so he's going NO-WHERE! ;)

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 03:20 PM)
Wiith all due respect why in the world do you "love" Swish?

well, ok, I wouldn't say i "love" him. but i do like him a lot. He's been very inconsistent this year. But I think he has some really good potential. He'll never be outstanding, but he's good enough to be a cog in the team.

I think if we lose the division, nobody will be untouchable in a trade except probably Danks, Floyd, Buehrle, Jenks and Thornton. KW has to keep at least 3 good starters and some semblance of a bullpen. I could easily see Swish and Paulie being shipped. Big name players sound a lot better to teams during the winter meetings. Remember Royals fans wet themselves in glee when Jose Guillen was acquired last winter. Some of vets will draw similar glee in deals this winter ... if we fail to make the playoffs.

Edited by greg775