9/24 Gamethread: Chicago @ Minnesota

maggsmaggs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you MaggsMaggs, let's get the W in game 2, we need MB to go out there and throw a hell of a game. His pickoff move makes him a lot more dangerous against the Twins.

I posted this in the game thread, but Blackburn has sucked the last month. Looks like he pitches a hell of a lot better at home, but still, he hasn't pitched well lately and the Sox can't keep fouling off hangers.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pi/pspli...1&year=2008

Two predictions:

I see a 2 hour and 20 minute shut out masterpiece by MB.

Whoever wins game 2 also wins game 3...If the Sox win game 2, think of the enormous pressure on the Twins to not lose the series. On the other hand if the Twins win game two, we'll be completely demoralized and get swept.

Our only hope is a Buehrle masterpiece. Preferably a shutout which is impossible considering he doesn't strike out a ton and we'll boot the ball around in the humpdome. This edition of the White Sox is the most maddening winning team (16 over .500) in baseball history.

If Ozzie doesn't have Wise hitting 2nd, and Junior OUT of the f***ing lineup tomorrow, I'm done watching this team for the rest of the season because I don't think he'll put them in their best position to win games from that point

Ozzie, stop being a f***ing toolbag and assemble a proper f***ing lineup for once, dips***

If there was ever a time to micromanage a ballclub, as much as I hate micromanaging, this is the time for it

Bust out the best f***ing lineup for these next two games, and here's a hint Ozzie

It doesn't include Ken Griffey Jr, unless he's playing DH

Comprende amigo?

Edited by joesaiditstrue

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 10:02 PM)
that should be more or less Ozzie's post game comments, except he will be knobbing all things Twins

Is he wrong? This team kicks our asses everytime we see them up there. We call Hawk a homer when he praises the Sox, but rip our people for praising Twins. You can't have it both ways.

The Twins deserve some props after they way they have whipped us for years. They have earned it.

in reality i thought we would take 2/3 this series, and game 1 was not included. It was the only game where i thought the pitching match up was not in our favor. Mark > Blackburn, Floyd > Slowey.

So in conclusion lol, i dont think anything has changed. I figured we would win 2/3 and god damn it we are going too!!!