Cleveland Indians @ Chicago White Sox - 9/26

nitetrain8601

Whatever ... I've also expounded on my thoughts about them quitting. Pile on. I don't care. This team has waxed me of all energy. I think you can question a lot about this team's performance/effort/want-to in September. If we want to blame the loss of CQ and Crede and injury to Linebrink, I'll buy that as well. That's what's going to be the common thread nationally, that we couldn't overcome loss of those 3, especially CQ.

Edited by greg775

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the AP story: You think I've been bleak in my comments, check out these:

By RICK GANO

AP Sports Writer

CHICAGO (AP) — A missed opportunity and a sloppy performance left the White Sox in second place and had manager Ozzie Guillen as frustrated as he’s been all season.

“That’s the only thing I hear, ’We have a chance.’ We don’t have a chance if we continue to play that way,” Guillen said after Friday night’s 11-8 loss to the Cleveland Indians.

Ryan Garko drove in five runs with a grand slam and a solo homer for the Indians, but Chicago’s pitching was also a major contributor to the White Sox’s fourth straight loss.

And it came on a night when the first-place Twins lost at home to Kansas City 8-1 — on the heels of their three-game sweep of Chicago that knocked the White Sox into second place.

Trying to regroup Friday, the White Sox faltered again.

Chicago hurlers gave up 10 hits, issued six walks, including one with the bases loaded, threw two wild pitches — one scoring a run — hit two batters and committed a balk.

“I already got mad. I broke up stuff in the clubhouse. I get to the point I just wanted to start laughing,” Guillen said. “I don’t have any choice, just because it’s something you can’t even try to do what we did today. I think that’s the worst five or six innings I ever remember we went through in a long time. ... I think those guys out there should be a little embarrassed.”

The White Sox, still a half-game behind the Twins, have two games left against the Indians and possibly a makeup game Monday against Detroit, if needed.

“It is frustrating to look up there and see the team in front of you getting beat and losing and you can’t do anything with it,” Chicago’s Paul Konerko said. “I know it’s tough to stay positive when you look bad and it’s sloppy. But we’re still right there and crazy things have happened in this game.”

Cleveland lefty Scott Lewis (4-0) served up homers to Jermaine Dye, Konerko and A.J. Pierzynski during his five innings but got the victory.

Winless in six games on the White Sox’s home field before Friday, the Indians jumped on Chicago starter John Danks and reliever D.J. Carrasco in the fifth inning.

Trailing 4-3, Cleveland loaded the bases on two singles and a walk to start the inning before Shin-Soo Choo delivered a two-run single that finished Danks (11-9). Carrasco walked Jhonny Peralta to reload the bases before Garko homered over the wall beyond outstretched center fielder Brian Anderson, putting the Indians up 9-4.

“We have a lot of pride and we want to play hard for ourselves and our managers and the coaching staff,” Garko said.

When the White Sox won the World Series in 2005, they went into Cleveland and swept a three-game series over the final weekend to knock the Indians out of the wild card.

Revenge?

“That’s not something I ever look at,” Indians manager Eric Wedge said. “I don’t give a damn who wins between Chicago and Minnesota. I gave a damn what we do.”

Tony I like your takes and posts but I can't understand why you are so positive lately. Haven't these games waxed your energy and made you pissed as hell at these guys? Read the quotes lately including the story I just posted in some thread. These guys are a total mess on the field and in the head.

Why is everyone saying we're only half a game behind with 4 more games to go or 3 more games to go. We have to win still any games the Twins win just to have a third game, win that game, and then beat the Twins. So say the Twins win just two more games, we have to win 4 to still make the playoffs. I don't think some people at Soxtalk get that.