The attitude on this board sucks right now

sin city sox fan

I know all the boobirds on here are going to tell me to shut the f*** up.....but I have to say this. Lets support this team and it still can make the playoffs. If the fan support continues in the manner it has for the last three days, we have no shot.

If the Cell is packed this weekend and we win 3 against the Tribe and 1 against the Tigers on Monday, we still are guarantee at least a piece of the division title.

However, if all this team hears is tales of doom and gloom and the support is not there like it was for the Twins in the last 3 games.....that attitude will transfer to this team.

The biggest difference in the last 3 games was the home field advantage and we have to make sure that advantage is there for us the rest of the way.

Its funny how all the fans used to be optimistic when we sucked....but ever since we won one World title, many Sox fans have become the most pessimistic fans in the world.

I'm ready to win another world title and I think it can happen this year.....Don't stop believeing

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 10:34 PM)
I know all the boobirds on here are going to tell me to shut the f*** up.....but I have to say this. Lets support this team and it still can make the playoffs. If the fan support continues in the manner it has for the last three days, we have no shot.

If the Cell is packed this weekend and we win 3 against the Tribe and 1 against the Tigers on Monday, we still are guarantee at least a piece of the division title.

However, if all this team hears is tales of doom and gloom and the support is not there like it was for the Twins in the last 3 games.....that attitude will transfer to this team.

The biggest difference in the last 3 games was the home field advantage and we have to make sure that advantage is there for us the rest of the way.

Its funny how all the fans used to be optimistic when we sucked....but ever since we won one World title, many Sox fans have become the most pessimistic fans in the world.

I'm ready to win another world title and I think it can happen this year.....Don't stop believeing

The team was in control of its own destiny. One win, one freakin win. Now we have to hope the Royals dont get swept. We get Cliff Lee on Sunday, and they get some AAA bum because they aren't pitching Grienke.

Edited by southsideirish71

If they played baseball the right way it wouldn't be an issue. But once again, Kenny has assembled a team of mashers that can only put crooked numbers up and never that 1 when you need it. Year after year it fails, and with these payrolls, he should have had the Sox in the playoffs more than once.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 09:34 PM)

Since 05? :lolhitting We have always been pessimistic.

I'll play along.

Odds are the Twins wont close the season on a 7 game win streak.

Now somehow we'll have to find a way to win 2 of 3 against Cleveland. Then beat a Detroit team that wont want to be there come Monday. Then the odds are the we wont lose to a team 4 times in a row when we only needed 1 game.

Sounds pretty easy...

Of course I support the Sox. I always support the Sox. That doesn't mean I can't be f***ING PISSED when I watch them push their balls up into their assholes for the most important series of the year.

Actually, they've been setting this up for a good 2 weeks or so, the Twins gave them an opportunity to have about a 5 game lead coming into this and gave their best effort towards their own choke, but we gagged along with them, because the offense decided to call it an early offseason.

Having said that, the season isn't over, and it's still possible to win the division.

I can't support a bunch of no-heart losers like the guys on the Sox.... Just won't do it.

Firesale on all but the following players:

Thornton

Linebrink

Ramirez

Quentin

Buehrle

Floyd

Danks

Everyone else can f*** off for all I care. Our big money players COMPLETELY disappeared in September. How does AJ suddenly go retard with calling pitches to Gomez/Span? Seriously. On top of his pathetic performance at the plate in September, he adds those pitch calls to the pile of s*** that was the last month of the season? Wow...

Dye, Thome, Konerko, all too old to make the run at the end of the season that is necessary to win a WS. Ship them, and ship them ASAP.

Edited by CQMVP

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 10:39 PM)
I'll play along.

Odds are the Twins wont close the season on a 7 game win streak.

Now somehow we'll have to find a way to win 2 of 3 against Cleveland. Then beat a Detroit team that wont want to be there come Monday. Then the odds are the we wont lose to a team 4 times in a row when we only needed 1 game.

Sounds pretty easy...

Yeah right, they'll be pumped. AND Freddy Garcia will be on the mound. You know, Big Game Freddy?

Dude, of course the attitude sucks. Let's just say it matches the loser's mentality of the players we've followed all year.

F*ck this team.

Right now in the emotion of the game, I'd agree.

How do you know these f***ing pussies even want our support?? To go into Minnie and not win a game is simply embarrassing. If I was in Chicago and went to the games I'd cheer wildly for them, but my god, they have told us the past 3 days how much they want to win. They don't want it. If they win 5 straight at home and pull it out?? Then all of them should run for office. It just ain't going to happen.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 10:43 PM)
Right now in the emotion of the game, I'd agree.

How do you know these f***ing pussies even want our support?? To go into Minnie and not win a game is simply embarrassing. If I was in Chicago and went to the games I'd cheer wildly for them, but my god, they have told us the past 3 days how much they want to win. They don't want it. If they win 5 straight at home and pull it out?? Then all of them should run for office. It just ain't going to happen.

That's exactly it... we need a 5 game home winning streak.

At least we have CQ in 2009.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 10:42 PM)
Those of you who have given up on this team better not be taking up seats at the Cell during the playoffs. I want true fans who supported this team all the way to the finish to be the ones rooting this team to another series title.

People are pissed off after an awful 3 days of baseball. I doubt many people have truly given up on the team but a natural reaction in these situations is to distance yourself from the team so it is less painful if they do fail.