four game sweep in cleveland?

Spiff

it seems like the slimmest of chances that they will, but who the hell knows with this team? two weeks ago today they were 4 games under .500. since then, 6-6. if you look at it blindly (read: cover your eyes) 6-6 is not horrible , considering we played the cubs and twins in that span.

it just seems like every time you think you're done with this team, they pull you back in. despite the s***ty week, the other teams ahead of them won't bury them yet. so what the hell, i'm putting these last six games behind me.

dammit, sox, show some signs of life in cleveland. don't make me look like (more of) a fool.

But see that's exactly my point. Whenever everyone gets down on them they seem to turn it around.

When I left Chicago after the Boston series, and I was disappointed with what I saw. Wright one hits the Red Sox, gets no support. Nobody can get a bunt down, PK pinch hits for Daubach, the team was f***ing embarrassing. They were 33-39 at that point, 6 games under. On the way home my friend asked if I was gonna watch the White Sox-Cubs day game on friday. I said I might catch a little of it, but I wasn't really that interested. I thought the Cubs would kill the Sox.

All it took was one inning to get me (and the Sox, as it turns out) back into it. From there they rolled through Wrigley and Minnesota and then the two home series, and after those everyone thought this team was bound for glory.

All that proved that the potential is there. The frustrating thing about this team is whether they decide to live up to it day-to-day, week-to-week.

As long as the potential is there, I can't write this team off for sure.

My post was based on the fact that they are playing so hopelessly pathetic right now. And, that Cleveland has not been playing bad lately. Also, we are still on the road, so I don't see a turnaround coming. Too many negatives lining up for me to have a positive outlook right now. Hopeful? Always, but intellectually, I don't see it happening.

Spiff,

Those are two very well thought out posts. You've talked me off of the cliff, and, driving into work today, I thought that would be very hard to do. Thank you. I'm too young to die anyway. :cheers

Spiff,

Those are two very well thought out posts. You've talked me off of the cliff, and, driving into work today, I thought that would be very hard to do. Thank you. I'm too young to die anyway. :cheers

No, jump, do it, you have nothing to live for

signed

a friend

:lol:

I agree. I am not ready to write this team off yet, but we need to go into the Jake and play well and take at least three of these games. We have played bad for the last week, but it can be turned around still. I am a firm beleiver that the trade, while I still think it was a good move, shook up a lineup that was finally producing. In the long run I think we will be better offensively, but they need to get it together real quick. Anytime you add two new bats to the lineup it is going to take a little bit for the team to get clicking again. This is the reason why I don't like JM messing with the lineup everyday.

The only problem with your theory is when they were letting us down earlier they were playing a much more difficult schedule. I know you have all by now noticed that the month of July is by far the easiest month on our schedule. To think this team is going to turn it around after losing to the Devil Rays and Tigers is simply prepostorous. However, as a Sox fan and an optimist, I applaud your efforts to keep hope alive. But don't hold your breath. GO SOX!! :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

Here's what will happen:

Wright loses today--He'll give up 5 runs in the first again, then settle down for 6 more innings as the Sox lose 5-2.

Buehrle's hot, he'll win the first game Saturday.

White will win the second game Saturday, because sweeping a doubleheader with Rick White makes no f***ing sense at all--par for the course with this Sox team.

Garland is due for a bad outing, and Traber looked great against the Yankees, Sox lose big.

2-2, more disappointing White Sox baseball. Prove me wrong, guys.

Please?

Pretty Please?

At this point in the season there is nothing this team can do that can surprise me, other than win the division. That doesn't seem likely looking at the schedule for August and September especially. Look out below Cleveland, the Sox are coming. I really hope I'm wrong :angry: :angry:

At this point in the season there is nothing this team can do that can surprise me, other than win the division.  That doesn't seem likely looking at the schedule for August and September especially.  Look out below Cleveland, the Sox are coming.  I really hope I'm wrong :angry:  :angry:

My guess is, after this embarrassing last series and the one in TB, that we split withg the Indians and have to pick it up after the break. The one saving grace is that no team in the AL Central wants to win the thing. KC is losing too and think where we could have been if we had played to our potential these last 6 games. We chould have been 5-1 if not 6-0. Pitching is still our strong point.

My guess is, after this embarrassing last series and the one in TB, that we split withg the Indians and have to pick it up after the break. The one saving grace is that no team in the AL Central wants to win the thing. KC is losing too and think where we could have been if we had played to our potential these last 6 games. We chould have been 5-1 if not 6-0. Pitching is still our strong point.

I hope you're right man. I do agree about the pitching, but we've proven that a pitcher can go out and through a gem and we can still lose 1-0 or 2-1. If the offense does start performing up to their potential, look out. This team should be a "Murderers Row". :cheers

I see what you are thinking with your "they suprise when you are down em on theory"

But the fact of the matter is, the Tribe is playing good baseball. Didn't they just take 2 of 3 from the Yanks? Hit the ball well and threw it well (traber was amazing). That is enough right there for me to say there's no way we sweep the tribe. Really, i'm hoping we just split going into the all star break.

It's such a shame too, because KC and the Twins have been gettin beat up all week long. Every time i see em lose on BBTN, i just think damn it, that's another game we could have picked up.