Indians @ White Sox

Heads22

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried being positive this entire week. First, by believing they'd sweep Minnesota IN Minnesota. Next, these last two days I thought maybe after viewing the scoreboard midgame and noticing how KC had defeated Minnesota they'd suddenly have renewed energy.

Now, I'm done hoping. They're going to choke tomorrow. If ANYTHING, Minnesota and us with both lose and we'll back into a Monday game. I'm sure we'll lose to Garcia. It'd only be appropriate.

Oh, and if we're all going back to old avatars, signatures, banners and other pathetic attempts to swing mojo, I may as well bring back my old avatar.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 10:29 PM)
I've tried being positive this entire week. First, by believing they'd sweep Minnesota IN Minnesota. Next, these last two days I thought maybe after viewing the scoreboard midgame and noticing how KC had defeated Minnesota they'd suddenly have renewed energy.

Now, I'm done hoping. They're going to choke tomorrow. If ANYTHING, Minnesota and us with both lose and we'll back into a Monday game. I'm sure we'll lose to Garcia. It'd only be appropriate.

Oh, and if we're all going back to old avatars, signatures, banners and other pathetic attempts to swing mojo, I may as well bring back my old avatar.

You're a f***ing joke. You do nothing but cut down this team.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 10:31 PM)
You're a f***ing joke. You do nothing but cut down this team.

Did you read the first paragraph of my post? If you don't believe me go back several pages on this forum and browse through the poll asking how the Sox would fare in Minnesota.

Anyways, they deserve to be cut down.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 09:34 PM)
Did you read the first paragraph of my post? If you don't believe me go back several pages on this forum and browse through the poll asking how the Sox would fare in Minnesota.

Anyways, they deserve to be cut down.

And even there, you say they'll sweep because you think it's the least likely thing they'll do.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 09:39 PM)
And even there, you say they'll sweep because you think it's the least likely thing they'll do.

What exactly was I supposed to use to support my opinion, our team-wide success in the dome?

Here's the entire quote, BTW:

I'm one of the ten who predicts a sweep. I don't even have a great reason to support myself. Last week against Kansas City when the bases were loaded and Alexi was fouling off pitch after pitch I said to myself, "a grandslam is about the last thing I expect from the White Sox right now;" and that's exactly what happened. It's not a very good connection to make between a GS in KC and sweeping Minnesota, but what it taught me is what's expected isn't what always happens.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...t=#entry1750928

It sounds a little bit different than how you portray it, wouldn't you say?

Edited by Flash Tizzle

For the first time since Wednesday (the only game all week I thought we'd win going into it), I actually think we will win this game. Mark needs to throw 7 or 8 innings, the offense needs to do what it did the last two days, and I think we will actually get it done and win this game. Hopefully I'm right, and we can evaluate things on Monday and see if we're playing for Tuesday or a division title. PLEASE SOX, make me and everybody else calling you a bunch of chokers and quitters look stupid. PLEASE.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

This three day's rest thing is annoying. Why did we go to it anyway? Cause of the Broadway-Richard option? Is this an example of Kenny not getting us a Harden type at the break? Not flaming just wondering how we got in this 3 days rest mess?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 11:26 PM)
This three day's rest thing is annoying. Why did we go to it anyway? Cause of the Broadway-Richard option? Is this an example of Kenny not getting us a Harden type at the break? Not flaming just wondering how we got in this 3 days rest mess?

If you use Broadway or Richard, it's almost an automatic loss because you'll have to dip into the middle relief/bullpen in general pretty early on. I guess they figured the starters could throw on three days rest. Unfortunately, most of us (actually, just about all of us on this board) realized starting guys on three days rest would be a disaster and that's exactly what has happened.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 11:26 PM)

poor managing

poor managing

Thanks for the take whitesoxfan. In looking back and assessing blame for the flameout, one of the gaffes was acquiring Griffey and not getting a Byrd, Harden, somebody like that to bolster the staff at the break or trading deadline. Also Oz calling out Javy certainly flopped in his face as well as numerous other things.

I don't know about you, but I'd have liked to not only have CQ this week, but Crede. He's so undervalued on this board, it's obscene.

Crede was known as a gamer. We could have used some gamers of late.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 12:04 AM)
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. You have a better chance with 3-day Burhle than 27 day Richard.

Not for MB tomorrow. More for Javy on short rest and then to bring in Linebrink today and then to bring in Thornton after him and also for playing any reliver that has ever been associated with the Royals.

Once again our pitching was terrible.

Hopefully Buehrle can get it done for us. I would start Swisher in center and wouldn't play Brian Anderson

We should have had this division won by now, never should have come down to this.

Edited by Baines3

guys do understand that pitching staff ever since that rainy weekend has screwed up the whole rotation and everything with it. Tommrrrow Buerhle goes on three days rest, then its to danks im hearing will pitch monday, and then on on floyd to tuesday. Ozzie should of seen this coming with pitchers going on three days rest that their gonna tire easily when you get to 5,6, and 7. We dont have a sabathia or santana on this team that can be horses go on three days rest. Guillen just throwing them out there cause thats their best option. Missing a 5th starter has proven very fatal.

The lineup has got to be this, or at least with these players.

Cabrera

Pierzynski

Dye

Thome

Konerko

Griffey

Ramirez

Swisher

Uribe

None of that Wise or Anderson crap right now, or I'll start to think Ozzie is pulling a Pete Rose, haha.

All we need to do is win 3 in a row, it has happened before, it can happen again. Buehrle needs to pick this team up and I believe he can.

Wow did losing Contreras hurt this pitching staff.