Palin's Other Man Revealed

Texsox

24 members have voted

1. 1. If you are the mainstream media do you . . .

• Ignore the article to balance ignoring Edwards
    • Ignore the article because it's the Enquirer
    • Investigate and don't make the same mistake twice
    • Investigate, but not a priority, wait and see

You ignore it until you have further proof than just an article in the National Enquirer.

These stories are always going to viewed under speculation until you produce an incriminating photo or video. Then the media can do what it wants.

Also, I suppose it'd be helpful to actually read the article haha. Which I have not.

it cetainly could be true, and it could be completely false. this is the national enquirer afterall.

i'm sure the msm will look into it though. if they think the story is true they will probably go with it.

Edited by mr_genius

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/national_e...celebrity/65481

In a world exclusive The NATIONAL ENQUIRER names GOP VP Candidate Sarah Palin's secret lover!

No less than three members of the man’s family including one by sworn affidavit have claimed that Sarah Palin engaged in an extramarital affair with hus­band Todd’s former business partner, Brad Hanson.

These sources have named Hanson as Palin’s secret love, and say their affair nearly wrecked both their marriages.

Hanson owned a snowmobile dealership with Palin’s husband Todd, who immediately dissolved the partnership after he heard stories about the affair, which occurred around 1996, according to the sources. At the time, Palin was mayor of Wasilla.

I give my wife constant grief for reading the Enquirer, but she never fails to point out that there have been many times when they have accurately broken salacious "news" like this, John Edwards being only the most recent example. Bigfoot and aliens can't sue for defamation, but celebs and politicos can and do. The Enquirer has top notch lawyers that know this.

Call me a convert; I believe this. That said, it should mean no more than it did with Bill Clinton. I suspect, however, that there will end up being a "double"-double standard here, since Palin is not only a woman, but a family-values conservative Republican.

• 2 weeks later...

Now we get to see the other side of the coin?

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original...212178557.shtml

s the lovable charismatic Barack Obama hiding the fact that he has a girlfriend? Rumors are swarming that Obama has committed adultery on Michelle Obama with a woman by the name Vera Baker.

Vera baker is a staffer who worked for Barack Obama during his run for the United States Senate in 2004. Rumor has it that Michelle Obama was complaining about the supposed close friendship between Barack Obama and Vera Baker and before the public knew it, she was transferred to work at the Caribbean on the island of Martinique.

The story goes as following: Vera Baker was Obama's "Finance Director" for his 2004 Senate campaign and made a good buck doing so. Although those who followed the campaign, Claire Serdiuk was known as the finance director on all the postings but strangely Vera Baker was paid too for the same position but not listed. According to reports, Michelle Obama became very angry about something and all of a sudden Vera Baker was relocated to New York. It is said that Michelle was EXTRA angry about something, but it was not specified as to what in the media. And then, not very long after relocating to New York, Vera Baker found herself on the island of Martinique.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 13, 2008 -> 02:50 PM)
Now we get to see the other side of the coin?

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original...212178557.shtml

And there is a huge difference between THE candidate having these issues and the VP candidate. Do we really want another William Clinton in office?

QUOTE (Texsox @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 04:54 AM)
Do we really want another William Clinton in office?

After the last 8 years, I'll take the adulterer who runs the government fairly well over the faithful husband who runs the country in to the ground.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 01:07 PM)
What might that be?

Last I looked we are voting for President, the VP just kind of tags along. I wish we could vote for tat office separately.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 06:00 PM)
Last I looked we are voting for President, the VP just kind of tags along. I wish we could vote for tat office separately.

Yeah, thanks. I kinda knew that. What I didn't know is why you claimed this particular piece of info made a "huge difference" between the two offices in any respect, which is what I tried to ask. Personally, I could care less if any candidate cheated; not because I think "character" or even "morality" is unimportant, but because I don't know the specifics of their relationships and try to base my votes on their positions on other issues. I think this is a total non-issue; you seemed to term it "huge" (at least in relation to the president) and mentioned avoiding another Clinton, as if a candidate's past indiscretions meant we'd be in for more blue dresses, special prosecutors, and impeachments. I wasn't sure what you meant and was trying to understand. Still am.