Detroit @ Chicago - 1:05 PM WGN/ESPN2

Heads22

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 10:04 PM)
Sheffield is sitting on 499.... could be some kind of weird storybook ending, I dont like it.

If we pound them something like 10-1, I'd be willing to let Sheffield have his brief moment.

In that case, it might even be nice for the home fans. Not too often you get to see somebody hit their 500th.

Freddy makes me nervous. I'm kind of old-school with this. I truly want Detroit to play it like they are in the race, because they are. Talk about bipolar, I know. But I would be pissed if this was Minny's opponent and they laid down and died. In April I would have taken two games for the playoffs. Home games against Detroit and Minny.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 11:08 PM)
Oh s*** ... Selfish Sheff is gonna be bombing for the fences. This is really not good news.

This Freddie thing is also not good. Oz has already texted him. Freddie is gonna want blood.

I'll take our chances in a fence pounding contest. :gosox3:

QUOTE (scenario @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 12:08 AM)
If we pound them something like 10-1, I'd be willing to let Sheffield have his brief moment.

In that case, it might even be nice for the home fans. Not too often you get to see somebody hit their 500th.

I wasn't aware of the time when Manny hit his 500th, and I had tickets to the next game at Camden Yards, so Manny hit a bomb in that one too. I thought that one was #500 and I was like hey, why no celebration? My friend said that was 501 dumbass, 500 was last night.

Is that sarcasm?

No. The weird hex continues. Oz blasts Javy for not ever winning a big game and Javy predictably loses 2 big games in a week that kill us.

Now we face "Big Game" Freddy. He thrives on this stage. We got problems unless Jimmy or Griffey go deep 2 times.

p.s. Remember Tinker to Evans to Chance? Tomorrow it's gotta be Floyd to Thornton to Jenks.

Edited by greg775