Detroit @ Chicago - 1:05 PM WGN/ESPN2

Heads22

My guess is the Tigers would look for an excuse to pull the $$$$ players. Tradition and athletic honesty dictates the Tigers playing all out until it doesn't matter. I'm guessing if we can have a bih inning early, they will start heading for the showers.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 10:21 AM)
Lucky those getting to go in person for this game. I will have to decide between ESPN2 (HD) or WGN (non-Hi Def), but I'll most likley be loyal to our folks and watch Hawk and DJ

At least you can watch it. I'll be at work where they won't even let me use game cast. I'll be relying on updates here.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 03:21 PM)
Lucky those getting to go in person for this game. I will have to decide between ESPN2 (HD) or WGN (non-Hi Def), but I'll most likley be loyal to our folks and watch Hawk and DJ

hmmm good point... ill have to go to wgn though. ill sacrifice.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 10:21 AM)
Detroit is going to play their ass off. They would like nothing better then to smoke our ass. Anyone who thinks they are going to "give up" is nuts. We have to win this the right way.

As much as it pains me to say it, I'm inclined to agree. I'm certain Detroit would like nothing more than to eliminate us from the playoffs.

From Jason Stark:

• The White Sox had lost five straight games heading into Sunday. And that sounds ominous. But you'd be surprised how many playoff teams have recovered from five-game losing streaks in the final week and played great in October. The White Sox could be the eighth team in the division-play era to careen through at least a five-game losing streak in its final seven games and still make the playoffs, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. Five of the previous seven reached the World Series. Two of them (2000 Yankees, 1987 Twins) won the World Series. Now the bad news: Two of the past three teams to do it -- the 2000 White Sox and 2001 Astros -- got swept in the first round.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 10:52 AM)
Since he hit those 2 homeruns on Sept. 19, Wise has 3 hits, 1 run, 1 RBI and 2 BB. There has to be more the Swisher benching than the way Wise has played.

I know swisher has sucked and he doesn't have many friends left here. But my god I have NO idea why we have a guy that can still walk and hit homeruns on the bench for D. Wise. Now if you want to say wise can walk and hit a HR too thats fine, but when its a pressure situation like every at-bat is right now, I want the opposing pitcher to have to face a switch-hitting guy who they prolly will still be a tad scared of, instead of seeing Wise and thinking there in control. If we have to play our crappy guys then give me BA over wise. Wise has had his moments, thanks, but his time is done.

Det lineup:

Granderson cf

Sheffield dh

Ordonez rf

Cabrera 1b

Thames lf

Rayburn 2b

Inge 3b

Ryan c

Santiago ss

Sheffield hit career HR #499 yesterday and today gives him another chance to reach 500 this season. He'll be swinging for the fences, hopefully that will work to Gavin's advantage.

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 10:09 AM)
Det lineup:

Granderson cf

Sheffield dh

Ordonez rf

Cabrera 1b

Thames lf

Rayburn 2b

Inge 3b

Ryan c

Santiago ss

Sheffield hit career HR #499 yesterday and today gives him another chance to reach 500 this season. He'll be swinging for the fences, hopefully that will work to Gavin's advantage.

No Polanco is nice.

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 10:09 AM)
Det lineup:

Granderson cf

Sheffield dh

Ordonez rf

Cabrera 1b

Thames lf

Rayburn 2b

Inge 3b

Ryan c

Santiago ss

That lineup is so top heavy. They have got three guys to be afraid of: Granderson, Maggs and Cabrera. Throw sharp breaking balls to Sheff and Thames, and they are done. So that's why I don't include them as scary hitters although Thames can hit bombs. The bottom of that order blows, though Ryan has hit well and has a gun from home. Let's get this done and we'll have a great home matchup of Danks vs. Blackburn.