Detroit @ Chicago - 1:05 PM WGN/ESPN2

Heads22

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 05:42 PM)
I d go for Richard,rookies have turned in great performances,KRod,Brad Penny in 03,Josh Beckett...I m sick of seeing Javy wet his pants in big games

Somehow, I don't think we can put Clayton Richard in the same sentence with those other guys. More like Drew Henson or Brian Griese.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 05:41 PM)
the key is: if he STARTS to implode. so like, 2 guys on in the 4th/5th/whatever, you put in richard.

Amazing that we've already won this ballgame and tomorrow's as well LOL.

But in the case we do, I think Javy assuming he has his normal rest which I think has contributed to his s***ty starts by pitching on 3 days rest

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 05:44 PM)
Somehow, I don't think we can put Clayton Richard in the same sentence with those other guys. More like Drew Henson or Brian Griese.

I m not saying that he s in that category,all I m saying is that rookies have fared well and I d rather go with Richard than a known bedwetter in big games like Javy

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 05:42 PM)
Do you really give Javy the ball in game one? doesn't that line him up for game 5 if we get there?

It's a scary proposition, but they're talking about Buehrle AGAIN starting on 3 day's rest.

Not sure what I would do...Mark's pitch count and pitches under duress the last couple of times out, it's getting kind of worrisome.

Do you really give Javy the ball in game one? doesn't that line him up for game 5 if we get there?

That's what I'm afraid of. But does Richard scare you in that scenario much less? Unless it's Danks, Mark or Gavin in game 1 I'm going to be worried.