Heads22

Detroit @ Chicago - 1:05 PM WGN/ESPN2

I dont think anyone is acting like the Sox have won either of these games, just discussing how the Sox should handle things should they advance.

I really think though that winning this game will be a huge boost for the Sox and may really impact the Twins. Must be emotional to be watching the game have the Tigers get up only then to go back down. Not really knowing if your playing Tampa or if your going to face the Sox, are you in or are you out...

For the Sox its simple, just keep winning they havent had time to really think about whats going on, just keep having to show up to the ball park.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 06:47 PM)
I just noticed now that Dye just stood there with his arms up when Alexei hit it. Didn't move an inch.

I saw that too....that was awesome!

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 05:47 PM)
That's what I'm afraid of. But does Richard scare you in that scenario much less? Unless it's Danks, Mark or Gavin in game 1 I'm going to be worried.

Wouldn't Buehrle pitch Game 2 and then Game 5 on three days rest?

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 06:48 PM)
mlb_a_aramirez_412.jpg

Alexi knew he had it, bad ass picture

how'd you get that so quickly?

Even though Floyd gave up the lead, I think getting out of 1st and 3rd with no outs and limiting the damage was the key.

Floyd and Buehrle have definitely risen to the occasion...let's hope our best pitcher this season can beat their worst pitcher (or maybe 4th, ahead of Perkins).

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 06:47 PM)
That's what I'm afraid of. But does Richard scare you in that scenario much less? Unless it's Danks, Mark or Gavin in game 1 I'm going to be worried.

better to lose game one with your bad guys going than with your good guys who are tired and THEN have to use your worse guys

Too bad Raines isn't still on our staff. He could turn Alexei into a deadly base stealer.