AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 07:56 PM)
I somehow now have confidence that we'll beat the Twins, and quite possibly take the first series of the playoffs against the Rays.

IF we do get by tomorrow...I'm just not scared of the Rays at all...dome or not. Postseason = different season. Let's see how they respond (or just happy to be there). But like you said...I have much more confidence right now.

I'm kinding of wishing I would have saved my half day that I used today for tomorrow. Because of the rain delay I would have been able to get back in time for first pitch. Think I may be going tomorrow it would be nice to get their way early. May have to just leave work early.

I pick Lexi today at least.

Can Thome pick it up tomorrow? Would be nice to score early and often. Today was great but mighty scary after letting Freddie off the hook in the first. Didn't we have just four hits even after Lexi's awesome slam?? Then we got some late which was nice.

Our bats need to come out firing and we our home field needs to be insane. Hopefully it'll be the polar opposite of our woes in the Twinkdome.

I hope Oz makes the right call and doesn't just go by superstition. I dislike Swish much but I'm not a big Wise guy.

But the fact he drew two walks and scored a run probably was pretty big in Oz's eyes. I'd suspect Wise will be back out there wouldn't you all? Swish wouldn't have caught that bomb in left that Wise didn't come up with as well.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 11:00 PM)
If only Javy had Gavin's heart (or nuts), this thing would be over. But it is what it is now. Just a super clutch performance by Gavin. Lexi? No words needed.

Which is funny cuz just not too long ago, that's what Philly fans were saying about Gavin. Luckally he grew a healthy pair (he has REALLY grown in front of our eyes) whereas Javy (who I love btw, a couple notches below Blake) is still on the ripe, wrinkled pair. Still sexy though.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 10:18 PM)
Which is funny cuz just not too long ago, that's what Philly fans were saying about Gavin. Luckally he grew a healthy pair (he has REALLY grown in front of our eyes) whereas Javy (who I love btw, a couple notches below Blake) is still on the ripe, wrinkled pair. Still sexy though.

I have soured heavily on Javy. He just doesn't give a s*** and gets lackadaisical. I was pretty sure the Sox were going to win Saturday night because he looked filthy, and then he got f***ing rocked.

I think he'll be back next year, but I'd put it at 3:2 odds. He's in Ozzie's doghouse and players that are in Ozzie's doghouse - even those that KW likes - generally don't last long.

QUOTE (Baines3 @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 11:59 PM)
If we win tomorrow, I think the pressure of post season play may get to the Rays.

I've kind of been thinking about this.

We've been so bad lately that, would we eek into the playoffs, we almost dont belong so obviously that we might go in and play real loose.

I dont know if that actually ever becomes a benefit, but it sounds good to me.