Minnesota @ Chicago - One Game Playoff

Heads22

The Sox are 8-23 at home (.258 winning %) when they score 4 or fewer runs.

The Sox are 45-5 at home (.900 winning %) when they score 5 or more runs.

So, history shows...

The odds are 1 in 4 that we win when we score 4 or less at home.

And 9 out of 10 that we win when we score 5 or more.

I think that pretty much spells out what we need to do tonight.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this will be the most pointless analysis of a game you will ever read, but I feel it will be a blowout either way, obviously I am praying it's a Sox laugher.

I think an important key could be Danks pickoff move. I've never really noticed how he holds runners on? Any opinions?

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 01:55 PM)
I have class from 6-9 tonight. Goddammit. I can't miss it either.

In 2005, my business strategy instructor at UIC let me reschedule my midterm so that I could go to Game 1 against the BoSox. It pays to have Sox fans as your teachers.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 03:57 PM)
this will be the most pointless analysis of a game you will ever read, but I feel it will be a blowout either way, obviously I am praying it's a Sox laugher.

I think an important key could be Danks pickoff move. I've never really noticed how he holds runners on? Any opinions?

He's a lefty, so it's not the run-fest of Floyd/Javy, and I know he's worked with MB on his move, but I'm not sure that it's quite that good. Either way, they shouldn't be taking every base like the Tigers were yesterday.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 03:03 PM)
Good to see 3 out of 4 Around the Horn contestants picked the Twins. I'd rather have it that way.

Those around the horn guys are idiots,Mariotti is a regular for f*** sake,I wish all four would've picked the sox that way it would be a gaurantee we'd win...I'm not at all nervous because I think its in the bag as long as our offense shows up.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 03:16 PM)
I hope Cooper, AJ, and Danks have a gameplan for tonight, because if they approach the twins the same exact way they have the last two years with John, he's going to get hammered unless the twins come in here flat

The natural grass at the Cell autmoatically is a gameplan for the Sox

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 03:24 PM)
Buster Olney picked the twins

Buster Olney loves the Twins, which is partially why I can't stand him. John Kruk seems to always pick the Sox no matter what. And I remember in Baseball Tonight's opening show of 2005, Peter Gammons picked the Twins and the Cubs to be in the World Series, which ended up being the White Sox beating the Astros. So I'm glad he picked the Twins too.