Heads22

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fellow Sox fans,

While I wish I could sit next to you in the stands, cursing the team when anything goes wrong, and heaps of praise whenever something goes right, Drinking myself silly, Peeing myself likely, screaming, hugging, crying, jumping, I'll be out here in the MO, doing all these things in my own home. Give the twinkies hell! GO SOX!!!

If Blackburn gets hit around early tomorrow, I see the Twins going to Liriano. They're saving him for game 1 but if Blackburn gives up 3-4 in the first 3-4 innings, I could easily see them having Liriano go game 3.

So get 2, load the bases, and hit a granny, and then hold the lead.

It's nice actually playing a meaningful game of baseball on the last day of September though.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 11:25 PM)
man you are really trying hard aren't you? haha

Yes on all accounts

1. Freddie Mercury makes me giggle.

2. I was listening to Sirius the other day and heard this song

3. We had one semi-fem soft rock band work for us, why not an (admittedly) more ummm questionable icon lead us down the stretch in 08?

even if it doesn't catch on... im riding (not literally, you pervs) rally freddie mercury to the end.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 11:31 PM)
Yes on all accounts

1. Freddie Mercury makes me giggle.

2. I was listening to Sirius the other day and heard this song

3. We had one semi-fem soft rock band work for us, why not an (admittedly) more ummm questionable icon lead us down the stretch in 08?

even if it doesn't catch on... im riding (not literally, you pervs) rally freddie mercury to the end.

Forgot to mention his uncanny resemblance to Jose Valentin. :headbang

And to whomever mentioned Chip Carey and Buck Martinez. It could be Harold Reynolds instead of Buck. He was in the booth with Carey the other day for the Mets/Marlins game.

:gosox1:

actually... listening to it now it's eerily accurate...

She says weve got to hold on to what weve got

cause it doesnt make a difference

If we make it or not

Weve got each other and thats a lot

For love - well give it a shot

Chorus:

Whooah, were half way there

Livin on a prayer

Take my hand and well make it - I swear

Livin on a prayer

I love Hawk's "I know who I'd start tomorrow: Clayton Richard"

I agree with him

I think he's more/less over the hump, the way he pitched against NYY and CLE, and the fact that he's a left-handed pitcher facing a heavily loaded left-handed lineup

This keeps all of our pitchers rested

I hope Ozzie makes this decision but I know he won't

I think he said to start Clayton in game one of the playoffs if we make it so the other pitchers can get some rest. We can't throw him tomorrow because you can't save pitchers for playoffs that might not happen. Also Hawk seemed to be under the impression that our first playoff game would be wednesday but it would be thursday if we get there so that might change things.

psyched for the black out tonight :gosox3:

btw love the avatar and hence I'm stealing it

also from the dry erase board in the sox clubhouse: "[Forget] feelings -- it's about winning."

Edited by joejoedairy

If Clayton indeed pitches in the playoffs, and pitches well, we might have found our 5th starter for next season in house, or his trade value will absolutely rise during the offseason. Well... I'm getting too ahead here. We actually have to win this game against the Twins first, or it's all moot.

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 12:32 AM)
I think he said to start Clayton in game one of the playoffs if we make it so the other pitchers can get some rest. We can't throw him tomorrow because you can't save pitchers for playoffs that might not happen. Also Hawk seemed to be under the impression that our first playoff game would be wednesday but it would be thursday if we get there so that might change things.

psyched for the black out tonight :gosox3:

btw love the avatar and hence I'm stealing it

also from the dry erase board in the sox clubhouse: "[Forget] feelings -- it's about winning."

I meant playoffs, not tomorrow

my post should make more sense now lol

This is the true rallying picture. I may just go to USCF after the game and hang out around the stadium. As we've seen, potential division championships aren't guaranteed and who knows how long it'll be until the next one. It sure as hell has been long enough since we've celebrated any clinching game at home (Bo Jacksons HR).