a little help, please

Middle Buffalo

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 12:27 AM)
My wife's boss is retiring, and one of the things they always do is buy the person a plaque. She's looking for a nice phrase/quote/saying to commemorate his years of service and how great he was as a boss. Any ideas?

Did you ever know that you're my hero,

and ev'rything I would like to be?

I can fly higher than an eagle,

'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 11:27 PM)
My wife's boss is retiring, and one of the things they always do is buy the person a plaque.

BTW, seriously, wtf does an adult do with a plaque? I have a couple dozen and they sit in a box. Back when I had the big office I had an ego wall and when I was sad I would go rub my cheek against the plaques and remember when people liked me. But now, they are dust collectors. Break the tradition and buy him something he can use.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 11:41 AM)
BTW, seriously, wtf does an adult do with a plaque? I have a couple dozen and they sit in a box. Back when I had the big office I had an ego wall and when I was sad I would go rub my cheek against the plaques and remember when people liked me. But now, they are dust collectors. Break the tradition and buy him something he can use.

I don't disagree, but I've seen the plaques and they're pretty nice. It's law enforcement, so it will have his shields (for a couple of different agencies he worked), etc. And the guy retiring was responsible for purchasing the plaques in the past, so it's something he likes.

I'm just trying to find a quote that suits him. Basically, he's the type of guy that loved his job, and the only reason he's leaving is that it's federal law enforcement, and he's hit the mandatory retirement age of 57.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 01:32 PM)
I don't disagree, but I've seen the plaques and they're pretty nice. It's law enforcement, so it will have his shields (for a couple of different agencies he worked), etc. And the guy retiring was responsible for purchasing the plaques in the past, so it's something he likes.

I'm just trying to find a quote that suits him. Basically, he's the type of guy that loved his job, and the only reason he's leaving is that it's federal law enforcement, and he's hit the mandatory retirement age of 57.

Why didn't you say so?

"Retirement....It's The Law"

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 01:32 PM)

I take back my comment, I have seen a few of those plaques with the shields, very cool.

Now that I have a subject.

Law enforcement officers are never 'off duty.' They are dedicated public servants who are sworn to protect public safety at any time and place that the peace is threatened. They need all the help that they can get.

Barbara Boxer

Seems appropriate for a retirement, especially at his age.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 05:11 PM)
I also need a little help.

I just started using itunes. Where is the folder where the songs are downloaded to when you buy one?

In mine there is a folder marked iTunes in the My Documents folder.

Ok, try this one.

When watching TV and hav a DVR recording about to start, it switched to the channel to record and the only way I can watch something else is if I stop the DVR totally. Sometimes I can switch while recording, sometimes I can't. Its frustrating.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 07:11 PM)
I also need a little help.

I just started using itunes. Where is the folder where the songs are downloaded to when you buy one?

Start

My Music

iTunes

iTunes Music

Whatever Album Your Songs Come From

QUOTE (Texsox @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 11:41 AM)
Back when I had the big office I had an ego wall and when I was sad I would go rub my cheek against the plaques and remember when people liked me. But now, they are dust collectors.

Nahhhh, too easy.