Chicago @ Tampa Bay - ALDS Game 1

Heads22

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 10:52 PM)
The Umpiring Crew for the Sox/Rays Division Series will consist of Joe West, Gary Darling, Jeff Kellogg, CB Bucknor, Eric Cooper and Ron Kulpa.

Personally, I f***ing hate Joe West.

typically i dont take note of the good umpires, and only hte bad ones.....but gary darling is the best umpire in the majors from what i have seen/can remember

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 09:52 PM)
The Umpiring Crew for the Sox/Rays Division Series will consist of Joe West, Gary Darling, Jeff Kellogg, CB Bucknor, Eric Cooper and Ron Kulpa.

Personally, I f***ing hate Joe West.

What? No Doug Eddings? :(

Hopefully our inside man will be umpiring the ALCS or World Series if we make it there.

One thing.

If Ozzie continues to play Wise over Swisher, I'm going to be pissed. DeWaynne Wise is not a major league starter. He is, in fact, terrible, and has been a complete cipher in the two hole for quite a while now. Swisher at least knows how to take a lot of pitches, draw a walk, and can occasionally hit one out.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 09:10 PM)
Who will we see in Game 3? Garza or Sonnanstine?

Most likely Sonnanstine doesn't make the playoff rotation so probably Garza. Interesting contrast of pitchers in Game 1 Shields vs. Vazquez. They call Shields "Big Game" James and we all know what they say about Javy in big games.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 11:27 PM)
What? No Doug Eddings? :(

Hopefully our inside man will be umpiring the ALCS or World Series if we make it there.

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but it would be pretty funny if the Sox and Angles met for the ALCS and Eddings was on the crew.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 11:41 PM)
Javy has got to step up and produce at some point. I strangely feel really good about this game.

I do too. Javy can not care all he wants to, but he's along for the ride so he may as well start giving a s*** and pitching well. Seeing Buehrle, Floyd, and Danks show him up has to burn his ass a little too.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 11:52 PM)
I think Javy is terribly unclutch, but basic odds tell you that he SHOULD have a good start after having 3 stink bombs in a row. That's part of why I feel surprisingly good about this series.

Danks needs to pull him aside, drop his own shorts and show Javy what a real pair looks like.

Sox should be very loose going in. I mean after what they've been through, this is gravy, they are playing with the house's money. Javy should be loose as well.

As far as Swish playing ... I don't like Wise, but is there a method to Oz's madness? Wise does have some speed. Pardon my ignorance, but I assume those wanting Swish back in there want him to play lf for Wise? Obviously Paulie needs to play and Griffey is in cf now.

I do think we matchup favorably vs the Rays. They have a poor offenses and all their starters are very beatable. Hell, while overall they have a solid bullpen nobody is what I'd call unhittable. Even their home park plays favorable to us, its more of a homer dome than the Twins park is.

For some reason I have a feeling that Javy will have a pretty good game on Thursday, I cant say for sure how well our offense does though.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 02:16 AM)
Sox should be very loose going in. I mean after what they've been through, this is gravy, they are playing with the house's money. Javy should be loose as well.

As far as Swish playing ... I don't like Wise, but is there a method to Oz's madness? Wise does have some speed. Pardon my ignorance, but I assume those wanting Swish back in there want him to play lf for Wise? Obviously Paulie needs to play and Griffey is in cf now.

Yes, Swisher in LF over Wise. Dewayne has nice speed and all but he's an awful defender and is 3 for 31 since game 2 in KC. Plus he's proven himself to be an asset off the bench late in games. His abilities and deficiencies make him a better fit off the bench, it's actually kind of embarrassing having him out there.

I do agree with you. I told a guy I was watching the game with it was like we had 8 guys in the lineup cause he was an automatic out. Now that we're in, if I was Oz I'd go back to Swish and see if we catch the Swish KW thought he was getting. Wise really isn't doing much though he did draw two walks on Monday I believe, or was it Sunday?

I see no reason why he wouldn't go back to Swish except for having the "threat" of speed in our order. Swish is another plodder.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 02:44 AM)
I do agree with you. I told a guy I was watching the game with it was like we had 8 guys in the lineup cause he was an automatic out. Now that we're in, if I was Oz I'd go back to Swish and see if we catch the Swish KW thought he was getting. Wise really isn't doing much though he did draw two walks on Monday I believe, or was it Sunday?

I see no reason why he wouldn't go back to Swish except for having the "threat" of speed in our order. Swish is another plodder.

I wouldn't call Swisher a plodder, he's certainly not blazing fast but he's not slow either. He can score from first on a double, score from second on a single or go from first to 3rd on a single. He can move if need be.