Chicago @ Tampa Bay - ALDS Game 1

Heads22

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 12:42 PM)
I don't know how she's going to put up with me for the next 50 years. :D

Same here. On Sunday, I was so giddy for the make-up games that she was like you guys aren't even in the playoffs yet.

She seriously scolded me because she thinks I am going to lose my job over the Sox.

I'm hoping for the best. Somehow we've got to get to their young starting pitching. They are capable of a Game One game like Hamels is pulling off today.

It might be Wise to take some pitches and drill some opposite field hits. Are we capable of that?

Go Sox!

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 03:56 PM)
i remember a very good AL team, youngest in the MLB that year, who wound up with the best record in the league heading into the playoffs. Sadly, the 2000 White Sox got swept in the first round.

Pitching, pitching, pitching....Baldwin, Parque and Sirotka were already injured/dying/fading at that point. Sirotka would go down for the count after the Wells trade. Parque's and Baldwin's careers were never the same after this season either. We really just treaded water that season the final two months (I think we were something like 5-8 games over .500 after the ASB...the team really peaked in June/July that year...like the 2003 and 2006 White Sox in July and August.

All our big hitters were horrible against Seattle too, they were either shut out or got 1 hit I think...Thomas, Ordonez, Lee and Konerko.

What is with the ridiculous start time? Many baseball fans are going to miss the playoff games broadcast during their work or school day. I don't have to work tomorrow, but I do have class and will likely miss most of the game. I'm guessing this is due to MLB saving their most "attractive" matchups for primetime. Weaksauce nonetheless.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 07:05 PM)
What is with the ridiculous start time? Many baseball fans are going to miss the playoff games broadcast during their work or school day. I don't have to work tomorrow, but I do have class and will likely miss most of the game. I'm guessing this is due to MLB saving their most "attractive" matchups for primetime. Weaksauce nonetheless.

I'm skipping and picking up a six-pack on the way home. The Sox are more important than my "Business of Sport" class.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 09:06 PM)
Does anyone know or have any experiences of walking up to a game like this (big playoff game) and trying to get tickets? Is their anyway id be able to be at the trop tommorow getting tickets? or no chance?

I don't know about Tampa, but there's usually a lot of people trying to buy tickets at the park. They will probably be around the same price as a stubhub or something.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 09:02 PM)
We already have 8+ pages on the game thread and this game hasn't even started yet. (not till tomorrow in fact) :o :P

The game against the Twins had 22 pages before the first pitch.

Has anybody checked out the Hot Corner on mlb.com yet? It has 4 unique camera angles that give different views including in the dugouts during the games. It'd be kind of cool to have on while you are watching the game, but the cameras don't follow the action, so you wouldn't want to only watch it.

Bullentin board material

"It really turns in our favor now that we're not playing the Twins," Rays rookie third baseman Evan Longoria said Wednesday before Tampa Bay's workout. "They're not used to the dome (Tropicana Field). It's going to be the way it should be—home-field advantage for us.

"We really have to take advantage of that. They've proven they're good at home, so we'll see. It's going to be a pro-Rays crowd here."

"A lot of our pitchers were kind of looking forward to playing the White Sox," said Longoria, 22, who made a strong push to win the AL Rookie of the Year Award by hitting 27 home runs and driving in 85 runs in only 122 games.

"They feel like they match up better against the offense. I don't know what it was. We just had good success."