Chicago @ Tampa Bay - ALDS Game 1

Heads22

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 10:57 AM)
The Rays had the fifth most strikeouts in baseball. I think Javy k's 10 today.

As I mentioned somewhere before, with playing on fast surface, Javy needs to strike guys out. Griffey and Dye and Wise are going to let a lot of balls through if a guy is pitching to contact.

I was so close to getting a ticket, upper deck, with shipping and the process in, it would be a total of $80.00. I decided against it due to the great atmosphere of my family being here (their from Chicago, were going to game tomorrow), and due to soxtalk :). Amazing how a site like this would pull me here rather then go to the game.

I do plan on getting a sorta season ticket package next year with the rays, plan on watching more baseball live :).

But now im committed to here for the night, so lets go sox...

i think this will be a great series, a good test for us. If we awake and dominate, then i think we have a great chance in the ALCS. However if we play like we have been 2 weeks ago-ish, we will not get past this fierce team. All i keep thinking about is the white sox in 2000 with all the young players that broke my little 12ish year old heart!

hopefully that will be the rays now :).

Challenging Javy didn't work last time. This time Ozzie should convince Javy that this game doesn't matter.

"We're gonna lose it anyway Javy...so just go out there, and do whatever. You know I don't even want to win today. I'm too tired. Just mail one in, so we can all catch a nap on the bench. Do they have a Fogo de Chao here? This game is of so little importance that I'm playing Griffey in center. On turf. That's how little I care. So eff it man...let's go bowling"

If you guys need a good laugh, here are the ESPN experts' predictions for the 2005 playoffs:http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2005/news/story?id=2179945

Just goes to show how predictions mean nothing. Anything is possible in the playoffs.

Go Sox! I'm pumped.

According to MLB Gameday, White Sox lineup is as follows:

1) Cabrera SS

2) Wise LF

3) Dye RF

4) Thome DH

5) Konerko 1B

6) Griffey, Jr. CF

7) Ramirez 2B

8) Pierzynski C

9) Uribe 3B

No surprises. Same as Tuesday. RLRLRLRLR.

QUOTE (Fotop @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 11:14 AM)
According to MLB Gameday, White Sox lineup is as follows:

1) Cabrera SS

2) Wise LF

3) Dye RF

4) Thome DH

5) Konerko 1B

6) Griffey, Jr. CF

7) Ramirez 2B

8) Pierzynski C

9) Uribe 3B

No surprises. Same as Tuesday. RLRLRLRLR.

It would be nice if Wise would get a hit sometime soon.