The OFFICIAL "I'm sorry" thread

whitesoxfan101

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I was obviously wrong about the Twins winning this division. And the Sox won it in very impressive fashion, probably playing their best game of the season. But I am still going to stick with my main contention: that the Sox aren't on the same level as the other AL playoff teams. I would like nothing better than to be horribly wrong again...

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 11:40 PM)
I really do feel sorry for those that said they stopped caring weeks ago, and this is one of the least likeable teams in recent memory. You know who you are.

Tonight is what it's all about, and will never forgot seeing the team I love clinch a playoff birth in person. The feeling I have, after committing my hard earned money to this team, is unreal. I am just so proud of these guys.

People who said they stopped caring weeks ago (I'm not one of them, and most of the people even in this thread aren't) and actually meant it aren't true fans. No matter how mad this team makes me, I always watch and I always care, and I think the same could be said for most around here. Just like I'm GLAD they proved me wrong this season and especially the last 3 days. Tonight was just incredible.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 12:26 AM)
Well, I was obviously wrong about the Twins winning this division. And the Sox won it in very impressive fashion, probably playing their best game of the season. But I am still going to stick with my main contention: that the Sox aren't on the same level as the other AL playoff teams. I would like nothing better than to be horribly wrong again...

You're right, they're not on the same level. But you know what? All that really matters in the playoffs is lights-out pitching, and the Sox appear to have it in Floyd, Danks, Buehrle, Thornton, and Jenks. The last three games were phenomenal. As we saw in 2005, a pitching staff can carry your club a LONG way. I'm optimistic, for the first time all year. Our big 3 pitchers couldn't have picked a better time to get hot...

Edited by CQMVP

QUOTE (CQMVP @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 12:03 AM)
You're right, they're not on the same level. But you know what? All that really matters in the playoffs is lights-out pitching, and the Sox appear to have it in Floyd, Danks, Buehrle, Thornton, and Jenks. The last three games were phenomenal. As we saw in 2005, a pitching staff can carry your club a LONG way. I'm optimistic, for the first time all year. Our big 3 pitchers couldn't have picked a better time to get hot...

And defense, which our team sorely lacks on artificial surfaces

Yup,I gotta admit that this team drove me nuts,they had me believing they were among the best teams and among the worst at different points in the season.I got so fustrated with them on Saturday against the Tribe after watching the Royals give us a second gift in as many days only to not take advantage of that that I posted here that I finally had it and I was checking out,lol...I tried to ignore my beloved pale hose out of fustration but I just couldn't,I found myself tuning to the game and coming here to see updates on the score and I wa :headbang :gosox3: tched the 9th inning on Saturday waiting for a miracle.Of course on Sunday I nervously watched MB man and up give us a big boost and I knew I was hooked (just when I thought I was out,they pull my back in).Finally,Im sorry for the insults I hurled at this team and I dont mind if they dont get very far because I realize our team is shorthanded,losing a starter,your gold glove caliber 3rd baseman,your set up guy and your MVP is just too much to overcome.That said,this team has shown us that they do have heart and they are fighters so they just might be able to pull it off!!Let's go White Sox let's go!I'm proud of you guys for knocking off the hated Twins!Call me crazy but I got a feeling that Javy is gonna make us eat crow,that'll be the best tasting crow we'll ever get served!

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 11:03 PM)
Sox players should buy every one of them dinner and Cliff Lee who hates the Twins.

Easy there. That's not allowed and is considered sorta like bribery in the rules. Torii Hunter almost got in big trouble for a similar thing in 06.

I know I will probalby be mad if we tank but I think anybody who truly gets upset at the team or Oz or KW for anything that happens from this point forward is simply an idiot.

This is all gravy, folks.

Tampa has a better team than we do. We're the underdog. Yes I badly want to win, and I'm sure I will be pissed at certain players if they stink in this round and hopefully the ALCS, but this team already has proven a lot to me for winning those 3 elimination games and getting in.

Do you agree with me you'd have to be a real mope being really mad at the Sox for anything that happens the rest of the way this season?

Thanx Sox and play with the house's money. Relax and kick ass. You got nothing to lose.

Edited by greg775

I still think this has been the most frustrating playoff team I have ever watched or will watch for atleast a long time.

True, but just them making it really removes a lot of the frustration, hell all of the frustration for me. To tank like they did but come off the carpet and win really means a lot to me and makes me forget that frustration. Sports are about special moments and Mark's performance Sunday followed by Floyd on Monday and the offense gritting out a win over Freddy and tonight's 1-0 masterpiece really makes me proud of this team no matter what happens the rest of the way.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 12:23 AM)
I know I will probalby be mad if we tank but I think anybody who truly gets upset at the team or Oz or KW for anything that happens from this point forward is simply an idiot.

This is all gravy, folks.

Tampa has a better team than we do. We're the underdog. Yes I badly want to win, and I'm sure I will be pissed at certain players if they stink in this round and hopefully the ALCS, but this team already has proven a lot to me for winning those 3 elimination games and getting in.

Do you agree with me you'd have to be a real mope being really mad at the Sox for anything that happens the rest of the way this season?

Thanx Sox and play with the house's money. Relax and kick ass. You got nothing to lose.

I'd hate to think about if we lost 1-0. Lack of heart and guts is often tied to no offense. We blame it all on the hitters and refuse to give the other team credit. Right now it's easy to say we have guts because we won. If we had lost does 1 game really make a difference when talking about how hard a team tries but ends up falling short ?

I'm proud of them for taking care of their business the last 3 days.

I don't regret being upset that they couldn't take care of things much earlier than this.

They looked nothing like potential AL Central Champions last week.

But they ARE the 2008 AL Central Division Champions, and now I just wait to see if they can go any further.

I agree that those that continually said "we're done" or "I don't care about this team" every time we hit a bad streak need to go somewhere. But this team was very deserving of most of the criticism they received. Some of you guys remind me of those losers that all of a sudden "find god" when they're about to get locked up for life or worse for murder. We are all (I actually question a couple people from here) diehard Sox fans. We want this team to win. They stepped up when they absolutely had to. For that, they get all the praise in the world. That's the end of it. Forget all this sorry crap.

I regret trying to mentally distance myself in preparation for what I thought would be a collapse right after the first loss in the Twins series. Actually, come to think of it, no I don't. Being pissed after a gutless, pathetic effort against the Twins just set me up to experience the thrill of yesterday. I don't regret anything. Sure, it was nerve-wracking, but that felt really good. Felt even better to have Danks make the Twins his b**** in proper retaliation for them celebrating in the s***dome like they had actually done something. Go home, b****es. See you next March.

I can say that I never bashed the Sox and always believed that they would have a chance to pull it off. I admit that last week things looked grim, but I told every one of my friends when the Sox got swept that I had this feeling the Twins would lose 2 and it would be up to the Sox to get the job done.

I would like to thank Gavin Floyd though, many Sox fans took a lot of heat for standing up for Floyd and saying that he should be given a chance to succeed. Im glad that he took his job seriously and showed why he was once a top 5 pick. Even his biggest supporters could not imagine that hed turn around this much in 1 year.

Nice work Floyd.