"Boston Red Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim ALDS Thread

Brian

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 11:03 PM)
K-Rod + non-save situation=disaster.

The curse lives.

I really enjoy when he gets knocked around........I wish J.D. Drew pointed to the sky and freaked out once he hit that home run.

QUOTE (aprec32 @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 12:06 AM)
I really enjoy when he gets knocked around........I wish J.D. Drew pointed to the sky and freaked out once he hit that home run.

K-Rod has really lost a lot of zip on his fastball over the years, and he's starting to hang more and more breaking balls as time goes on. His career is going to take a precipitous fall in the near future.

Red Sox win. The sooner people realize the regular season DOES NOT MATTER once the calendar turns to October, the better. But a lot of people still don't get it, so maybe they never will.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 12:07 AM)
K-Rod has really lost a lot of zip on his fastball over the years, and he's starting to hang more and more breaking balls as time goes on. His career is going to take a precipitous fall in the near future.

Red Sox win. The sooner people realize the regular season DOES NOT MATTER once the calendar turns to October. But a lot of people still don't get it, so maybe they never will.

If the regular season doesn't count at all like you say,why can't we bust through against the Devil Rays,all the

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 11:29 PM)
granderson's good at this analyst stuff. guarantee he does this once he retires.

Agreed,he really seems to be a natural at it.I could also see Brian Anderson doing it when he is done playing.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 05:46 AM)
What a typical New York fan. I don't mean hating everything Red Sox, but just his physical appearance. You know he has a thick accent and talks loudly while flailing his hands around.

I've missed the Brooklyn Brawler

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 12:07 AM)

Red Sox win. The sooner people realize the regular season DOES NOT MATTER once the calendar turns to October. But a lot of people still don't get it, so maybe they never will.

He's a fraud and someone is going to pay through the nose for him and regret it 2 years in. Can't say I won't take a little pleasure in watching his career fall apart before he reaches 30.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 01:02 PM)
I think he has a very good chance to land in the AL Central.

I am going to guess you mean you think he ends up in Detroit? At least that is where I think he might end up, and if so bring it on because as Kalapse said, whoever signs him will regret it in the not too distant future.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 01:16 PM)
I think Detroit seems like the most obvious, but I could also see Cleveland making a dumb push to get him.

But ya, I have been saying Detroit for a while now.

Off topic, but Cleveland scares me in 2009. I am not afraid of Detroit at the moment because their lineup is old and their pitching is bad, but Cleveland seems like a candidate to bounce back next season in a big way.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 01:15 PM)
I am going to guess you mean you think he ends up in Detroit? At least that is where I think he might end up, and if so bring it on because as Kalapse said, whoever signs him will regret it in the not too distant future.

I think that as well. Around July, many people thought it was St. Louis or Atlanta. To me, I think he ends up in Detroit, and I wouldn't doubt it if CC landed in Detroit, too.

Then again, if Sabathia is really looking for a good place for his child(ren) to grow up, then he won't even think about Detroit.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 12:24 PM)
I think that as well. Around July, many people thought it was St. Louis or Atlanta. To me, I think he ends up in Detroit, and I wouldn't doubt it if CC landed in Detroit, too.

Then again, if Sabathia is really looking for a good place for his child(ren) to grow up, then he won't even think about Detroit.

If you have enough money...there's no bad place to raise your kids, because you can buy your way away from the bad areas.