"Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Chicago Cubs NLDS"

Brian

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres what I posted in the Cubs catch all in reference to Game 1:

I dont really care who wins, but for some reason I just have this gut feeling that the Cubs are going to drop this game tonight.

Dempster v. Lowe,

Lowe is one of the hottest if not hottest pitcher in the National League. I believe he has a sub 1 era in his last 9 starts or something ridiculous and with the cold weather/wind it would be a great night for a sinker ball pitcher.

The second part of the equation is Manny Ramirez who just changes the entire dynamic of the LA line up. I just think that a pitcher like Dempster who doesnt have filthy stuff will struggle to get Ramirez. Manny has a great ability to fight off pitches and wear down the pitcher until he gets the one he wants.

My prediction 4-2 LA game 1.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 01:58 PM)
I have a Sports PR class tonight at 6:30, and its probably 80% Cub fans. It will be interesting to see the turn out tonight. The kicker is my professor is a huge Sox fan, and will probably give out a paper to whoever didn't show up tonight, knowing it will all be Cub fans. :)

I was in law school when the Cubs were in the playoffs in '03, one night professor was a Cubs fan, was quick and didn't take attendance, the Sox fan didn't penalize people for not being there, but the stuff he covered on the lectures those nights were heavily tested on. He didn't give us a heads up on it, so if the people who missed to watch the game made an effort to get notes they were OK, those who purely blew it off were screwed

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 04:58 PM)
Im at school, so I'm watching on Stooge. Of course, as they started talking about it, and they cut out. What was the whole thought?

Actually they started out by saying that last night at the Sox game the fans were into every pitch. They then talked about how the atmosphere at Wrigley is nothing like that, probably because they expect a World Series, but are nervous about it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 06:19 PM)
Assuming you and I are watching the same game I don't think there's a runner on 3rd.

yeah for some reason I thought the bases were loaded, hmm, i must be crazy, noticed when no one scored on that martin fly out.