"Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Chicago Cubs NLDS"

Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 03:20 AM)
This is how I feel. Don't get me wrong, I will take it very hard if we lose tomorrow, but this is making my day.

Want to hear something sad? I was more anxious for this game than the Sox game today. Maybe it's cause I knew I wouldn't see the Sox game on tv.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 09:40 PM)
Manny Ramirez is the Boggyman. I honestly believe he changes the game by his mere presence.

There was a writer on Mully and Hanley talking about Manny and he said that he has changed the entire attitude of the Dodgers and is incredible.

As for the game. He is the guy you are thinking about four hitters in advance as he can hit any pitch from any pitcher any time. He forces a pitcher to stress over the number 9 hitter in order to keep Manny from coming up with men on.

He could be the best pure right handed hitter even.

Gotta say he is fun to watch when not playing against your team.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 04:22 AM)
That's such a Cubs esque statement to make.

World Series or bust. Every season.

Ugh.

You should know my style enough to know I'm one of the most intense Sox fans there is. However, I just feel like we sold our soul to win 3 straight games after the terrible stretch.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 08:20 PM)
Obviously Id like to see the Sox trade a few big money players in the off season.

Now that they have Danks, Floyd, Alexei, Queintin there are actually young talented players to build around so the Sox just need to start filling in the rest.

This offseason, after a playoff appearance, the last thing I want to see is the team go in to fire sale mode on vets just because they're getting old.

But quite frankly...we need to clean up that OF mess. Swisher doesn't belong in CF, Dye really doesn't belong at RF, quite frankly Anderson doesn't belong on the bench after showing improvement with the bat finally, and Wise doesn't belong in the starting role, long term. Even assuming Griffey walks, we are in the "More guys than playing time" boat.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 04:23 AM)
Cubs fans get ripped on all the time for not watching the game, going to Wrigley just to drink, blah blah blah. The Sox fans rep for caring more about Cubs than the Sox IMO is on the same level, and just as embarrassing.

That's fine, I respect that philosophy. I'll be able to watch our game tomorrow, so I'm sure the anxiety will be there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 07:26 PM)
That's fine, I respect that philosophy. I'll be able to watch our game tomorrow, so I'm sure the anxiety will be there.

I'd actually say I'm a little bit more nervous about tomorrow's Sox game than today's, but quite frankly, if the Sox lose to a better team, I can live with that, and I'm convinced the Rays are a better team. I just did not want to see the Sox lose to the Twins.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 03:28 AM)
I'd actually say I'm a little bit more nervous about tomorrow's Sox game than today's, but quite frankly, if the Sox lose to a better team, I can live with that, and I'm convinced the Rays are a better team. I just did not want to see the Sox lose to the Twins.

See, this is another post that I completely agree with. No matter what happens in the postseason, the tiebreak game will be such a fantastic memory. I'm so happy I was there.

Im not talking about rebuilding.

Im saying that now the Sox have pieces that they know are going to be here for a long time, so when we go out and get free agents we should be getting guys who are going to work well with what we have.

We know we have 3 good SPs so we have to find another good one and then have a solid 5th.

We know that we need to improve our defense and speed.

Right now those positions are being filled by vets who have big pay checks and arent performing.

How would getting Manny to replace Thome be rebuilding? Thats where this started lol

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 09:24 PM)
You should know my style enough to know I'm one of the most intense Sox fans there is. However, I just feel like we sold our soul to win 3 straight games after the terrible stretch.

I agree with you 100% the growth of Floyd and Danks temper anything that happens as there is more than a glimmer of hope for 2009. I do not expect them both to bounce back from huge stressful performances their last time out.

I want them to win but am not blinded as a fan enough to see that the offense is going to make it really hard.

In my mind this makes me a realist and no less a fan.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 07:26 PM)
So if the Cubs skip Harden knowing they won't win the series, will he have enough rest to go past 6 innings in his first start in 2009?

Most seasons can't you count on Harden to give you a string of about 10 solid starts before the injuries really hit?

Billy Beane was counting on it. He got Harden to 13 healthy starts and said "that's it, I'm not pushing my luck" and took the best package he could get for him.