"Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Chicago Cubs NLDS"

Brian

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Texsox @ Oct 8, 2008 -> 12:16 PM)
:lolhitting yeah, it's only been 100 f***ing years :lolhitting

I know, it sounds goofy, but as the big round number approached, the fans became desperate to either have the Cubs win it all before then, or in some weird karmic payoff, win it all on the 100th year itself.

They therefore lump the 100 years of failure on this year's team, and then they stupidly have that priest sprinkle holy water in the dugout so there's something new to add to the list of "curses" and when the Cubs fell behind in the NLDS, maybe the players subconsciously let it seep into their brains - "oh no, here we go again".

They never will, but the best thing for them would be to try to avoid all that dumbass curse talk.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 8, 2008 -> 06:49 PM)
The letter "C" is the Roman numeral for 100.

:notworthy :lolhitting

I've watched Cub fans be the most loyal anywhere in sports, and that is laudable. But it's only been in the past few years, perhaps as the Big C loomed, that the fans became restless and the team started being a perennial playoff team. So I cannot condemn them for taking a more aggressive approach and demanding a winner now. I also try and remember these are the exact same fans we high five at Bears, Bulls, and Blackhawk games.

They're showing the Bartman highlight tonight over and over.

Man that guy in the grey next to him.... he also reached up, and while he had no glasses or radio...it couldve very easily been him that went down in infamy, w/ people staking out his house etc.

I wonder if he thanks his lucky stars nightly.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 09:53 PM)
They're showing the Bartman highlight tonight over and over.

Man that guy in the grey next to him.... he also reached up, and while he had no glasses or radio...it couldve very easily been him that went down in infamy, w/ people staking out his house etc.

I wonder if he thanks his lucky stars nightly.

A friend of mine worked at the same company Bartman did. He said the next day an e-mail got sent out saying that there was a zero tolerance policy at work regarding him and anything would result in dismissal.

I think he moved to Arizona or out west somewhere